The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like that certain NHL teams still in some way keep the name in brand but some rendition of it

Calgary Flames = Stockton Heat

Vegas Golden Knights = Henderson Silver Knights

San Jose Sharks = San Jose Barracuda

I wonder what way perhaps the Canucks could still stay on brand with "Canucks" but make it a little nuanced or different

Vancouver Canucks = Abbotsford Ehs

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

yup, late July plus left Kamloops about 3am

Awesome. I love those drives. Mostly done alone in amongst the vast terrain. A lot can get done on drives like that. Sorting through stuff and such. 

I remember leaving a friend's place in Pitt Meadows in the middle of the night, and getting caught behind a house being moved on the Mary Hill Bypass. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I like that they considered the fans' desire to use Johnny Canuck in some manner. Some fans were calling to use it on the Canucks jerseys for years now. We didn't get that, but this I close...

This is the jersey I'd like to see used as the primary.

canucks.jpg?w=288&quality=90&strip=all

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Good, now people can stop complaining about the jersey.

Exactly Team Orca get their jersey in the NHL and Team Johnny Canuck finally get their jersey for the franchise. Win win but you know it’ll never please all the fans. But agree 100% every party SHOULD be happy about this.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This is the jersey I'd like to see used as the primary.

canucks.jpg?w=288&quality=90&strip=all

Yes it’s cool, but how exactly do those colours represent our city?  Make it blue (for the ocean), Green (for the forested mountains) and White (for the snow covered mountain tops) and okay.  

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

they should have gone with the aviator logo in the V that is often used on the boards

Johnny Canuck was actually a WWI comic book hero- an allied pilot, as part of allied propaganda, fits with the Abbotsford aviation history- would have been a cool historical story line 

disappointed if this us not featured somewhere because it smacks of an organization that does not know there own history

Yup, would have loved this.

c61d5c36bc5d79e6665916dafc75cb31.png

Could have still used the 'V' in it for 'Valley' and a mirrored A above it for Aviators. Oh welp.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1