The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Really is no excuse for how poor this is when you see what the Giants cooked up.

The last two good canucks jerseys were the 2010-2011 stick in a rink 40th anniversaries which I own and the millionaires throwback which I also own.

Will be buying a Giants jersey for the first time ever

You probably don't remember the downhill skate with the Hamilton Canucks then. It was the same team name, same colours and same downhill skate.

Just in Hamilton for our AHL club. I guess that was lame too....

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the jersey:

E6RgKJlVoAEvLjd?format=jpg&name=large

Acutally love this jersey, even if I'm not crazy about the logo. The flipped "V" on the sleeves to make an "A" is so neat and I like the green primary.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not having to charter an hours long flight will be a great thing for prospects getting called up. Hell, it'll be a 20 minute flight.

Or a 5-hour drive, knowing traffic.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You probably don't remember the downhill skate with the Hamilton Canucks then. It was the same team name, same colours and same downhill skate.

Just in Hamilton for our AHL club. I guess that was lame too....

Think that "experiment" lasted like only two seasons before the Canucks moved their AHL affiliate elsewhere.  Died due to lack of interest & I think horrible management.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

People wanting the Johnny Canuck on the actual Canuck jersey, and now when Aquilini puts it on the AHL jersey people are upset.   :rolleyes:

I knew the name was going to be Canucks months ago.  That's how Aquilini works.  He wants things to be traditional.  He was the owner who went back to the original colours.  You must have all forgot about that.  He won't change the Orca logo either because the Stick In The Rink is already our secondary logo and now the Johnny Canuck is the primary logo in Abbotsford.

• Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Or a 5-hour drive, knowing traffic.

Being caught in a traffic jam on Hwy 1 in Abbotsford is the definition of hell. The fact that the highway is still two lanes out that way is ridiculous. 

• Hydration 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

People wanting the Johnny Canuck on the actual Canuck jersey, and now when Aquilini puts it on the AHL jersey people are upset.   :rolleyes:

Exactly. Let’s face it, for some people their default mode is to b*tch and moan.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SNuck said:

Re: New Giants jersey. 

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

I just feel like their logo is a copy and paste job, it seems like no effort went into it. I love the colours and the A on the arms but the logo itself could have been so much better.

I'm in the minority, but part of me actually prefers this logo to the Giants logo. A bit more of a "classic" look to it. Looks a lot like the logo the WHL Canucks used in the 50s and 60s.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1