The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights

Big mistake by the Leafs letting this happen. Trade Nylander to open up some cap for a real player like Hyman. Or even the unspeakable. Trade AM. Trade AM for a decent young center plus, plus, plus. They would be better off with a home run return for AM. He can shoot, but is easily one of the more overhyped players in the NHL imho.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip, I like Zak, but not a player you break the bank for.

LeBrun's suggesting they might be fishing for an 8 year deal :blink: who the hell is going to do that? AAV of 1 mil? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Big mistake by the Leafs letting this happen. Trade Nylander to open up some cap for a real player like Hyman. Or even the unspeakable. Trade AM. Trade AM for a decent young center plus, plus, plus. They would be better off with a home run return for AM. He can shoot, but is easily one of the more overhyped players in the NHL imho.

I used to be on Team Trade Nylander, but I'm moving towards Team Trade Marner, or maybe even Team Trade Matthews.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

I used to be on Team Trade Nylander, but I'm moving towards Team Trade Marner, or maybe even Team Trade Matthews.

regards,  G.

After last playoffs I'd have to agree. And I can't stand Nylander. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Agree. He scores goals but not quite at OV's rate (or even Stamkos before all those injuries). And OV hits whereas AM doesn't.

OV also didn't backcheck in early years and took him some time to figure out his game at both ends of the ice. But one difference is that OV's a winger so he could get away with some of the lapses when the opposition has the puck. AM is a center, he has the most responsibility to help out team defence.

Honestly surprised they letting him walk as they don’t have a lot of forwards like him.

seems to be like their Kunitz/ Burrows.

his performances and production in maple leafs playoff series has me unsure he’s the right guy though.

i feel that’s where he should shine and excel.

im not overpaying for him no thanks.

even tho theoretically sliding him with Petey alleviates a lot of problems.

Hyman-Petey-Hoglander

Highmore-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Basically a 60pt player the past couple years, but this may also be his peak as he's hitting 30yo soon.  Most I would do is a 3 year deal at $4M or 4.5M.  I think a GM will pay him $5M AAV for 5 or 6 years though.