The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still have to sign our youngsters and D. 

Last I heard is that Beagle is ready to go. Seattle has a lot of goalies to choose from. Can't afford to lose Myers unless we get another D. I see Seattle taking Lind or Gadjo. That way they leave us still with cap issues and take a decent prospect on the cusp.

We might have to just suck it up for a year and due minor things like buyout Virtanen and sign cheap UFAs.

I think between Virt, Beagle and Rooster 2 of 3 need to go. Realistically just one goes but oh well.

Most of the time buyouts don't really work so we will see. Probably have to ride it out.

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Probably not, bit still, it would be something. Point is we shouldn't be handing out contracts like what he's probably looking for to players his age.

dunno, need to see the deal first and how its structured. If its all cash in the last two years then that helps. 

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I think between Virt, Beagle and Rooster 2 of 3 need to go. Realistically just one goes but oh well.

Most of the time buyouts don't really work so we will see. Probably have to ride it out.

I think we should ride out the contracts vs buying anyone out, 1 player that is quite cheap to buyout is Virtanen. If it happens boy will there be some hate on the Canuck GM who drafted him 6th overall and he became next to nothing for us. Sad to see his name get throw out by a media source about the sexual assault allegation without the young woman ever going to the cops about it...even to this day there is no report of it to the RCMP. Reeks hockey bunny out for $$$ or attention while ruining a young players reputation league wide

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Don’t need anymore wingers do we?

We need good wingers.

Also

D

C

so everything

priority on d 

You don't finish bottom 10 for 5 years and and have the odd hole do you?

Edited by Chris12345

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think we should ride out the contracts vs buying anyone out, 1 player that is quite cheap to buyout is Virtanen. If it happens boy will there be some hate on the Canuck GM who drafted him 6th overall and he became next to nothing for us. Sad to see his name get throw out by a media source about the sexual assault allegation without the young woman ever going to the cops about it...even to this day there is no report of it to the RCMP. Reeks hockey bunny out for $$$ or attention while ruining a young players reputation league wide

Face Palm GIF

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

People already hate Jimmy.

I don't mind the Virt draft I mean hindsight is 20/20 the OJ draft was always disgusting in my mind but whatever he's won some and lost some.

Edited by Chris12345

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Agreed.

I live in TO and any of my friends who are real Leaf fans and actually knowledgeable about hockey (a contradiction in terms I know. but ex-junior players, coaches etc)

Hyman is each of their favourite player on the team.

Hyman is the kinda guy TO needs if they want to win a cup - letting him walk over others because of the Shanaplan is bad business plain and simple.

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

As we know basically nothing of the details really hard for any of us to comment - I will say after everything that has happened with MeToo and predators like Weinstein if there is an accusation it needs to be taken seriously and investigated - like you said if the RCMp aren't involved does seem like may not be anything to the rumour. I have always thought Jake has had the potential to be an impact player but he has made some bad choices so far - hope this isn't another one of those and he can get back to focusing on hockey.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You're an idiot.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

We need good wingers.

Also

D

C

so everything

priority on d 

You don't finish bottom 10 for 5 years and and have the odd hole do you?

We have Miller, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson and Podkolzin. Four out of those 5 are more than capable of top 6 spots and the bottom 6 guys we have a mix of young prospects or energy vets. We need to use our assets to acquire dmen or centers. I think wing is really our strong suit. I get that you can always upgrade but spend the cap where it’s needed.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

We have Miller, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson and Podkolzin. Four out of those 5 are more than capable of top 6 spots and the bottom 6 guys we have a mix of young prospects or energy vets. We need to use our assets to acquire dmen or centers. I think wing is really our strong suit. I get that you can always upgrade but spend the cap where it’s needed.

No they aren't.

Pearson isn't a top 6 winger on a competitive team nor is Hogz or Podz. They could be but aren't now.

No way they replace Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat etc.

I'll elevate it a one up.

Marshy, Stone, Patches, Smith

Miller, Boes, Pearson, Hodz.

Not close. Top 2 ok. Top 4 weak.

Edited by Chris12345

Jim wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't check in with Hyman and other upcoming UFAs that may not be re-signing with their current team. 

I like Hyman's game but at his supposed term and ask no!  He plays a hard grinding game that doesn't age well, look a Nick Foligno, that's where Hyman will be in 3 years time. Hyman is already showing his proneness to injuries the past 2 even 3 years. Anything over 3 years and 4.25 per, which ever team has him, will regret it as he regresses. I say stay away, let Podz develop into that type of player, which I see him being in 2 years time.

If that's the player this team wants, I would rather see them use draft pick(s) and/or prospects and see if they can get Miles Wood from NJ or Warren Foegele out of Carolina, though Carolina is hard at work to re-sign him and protect before the expansion draft. Too bad that one of our hasn't already developed into that type of grinding, hard nosed, hard working, speedy winger.  

I'm also confident that there will be that type of player available on the FA market as I could see some teams not qualifying and re-signing some of their RFAs

4 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

Jim wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't check in with Hyman and other upcoming UFAs that may not be re-signing with their current team. 

I like Hyman's game but at his supposed term and ask no!  He plays a hard grinding game that doesn't age well, look a Nick Foligno, that's where Hyman will be in 3 years time. Hyman is already showing his proneness to injuries the past 2 even 3 years. Anything over 3 years and 4.25 per, which ever team has him, will regret it as he regresses. I say stay away, let Podz develop into that type of player, which I see him being in 2 years time.

If that's the player this team wants, I would rather see them use draft pick(s) and/or prospects and see if they can get Miles Wood from NJ or Warren Foegele out of Carolina, though Carolina is hard at work to re-sign him and protect before the expansion draft. Too bad that one of our hasn't already developed into that type of grinding, hard nosed, hard working, speedy winger.  

I'm also confident that there will be that type of player available on the FA market as I could see some teams not qualifying and re-signing some of their RFAs

Exactly.

Jim: Zach want to play in Van

Zach: No

Jim: PK.....aw ok....Tofu you there....wait what? Power point....

Edited by Chris12345