The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

8 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Getting everyone ready incase it actually happens lol

On a side note. I think Pods is gonna change the bottom six. Not points, but just the pain in the butt to play against vibe. He's a Russian Hyman.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

The Canucks need to think bigger than hyman 

last year leaning on Miller petey and Boeser to produce points were too much. 

they need help 

If Benning doesn’t like who’s available at 9 I bet he trades for Reinhart.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Me too. I still think Reinhart to VAN is very much on the table.

Especially with the players projected to be available at our spot.

Unless one of the top forwards drops or a d man is somehow there.

Guys like McTavish and Svechkov are safe picks but their upside might not be there. Johnson is a pretty big swing for the fences player and Wallstedt isn’t really a need.

Reinhart on the other hand is a 25-30 goal 60 point guy just entering his prime. We’d be lucky if any of those forwards turned into that. Plus you have to consider the age of our core.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Guys like McTavish and Svechkov are safe picks but their upside might not be there. Johnson is a pretty big swing for the fences player and Wallstedt isn’t really a need.

Reinhart on the other hand is a 25-30 goal 60 point guy just entering his prime. We’d be lucky if any of those forwards turned into that. Plus you have to consider the age of our core.

I actually want to compete and continue to round out our core with players in the right age group that want to play here. Seattle is not going to be a slouch to play against, I'll tell you that right now..... we have to be ready to go toe-to-toe with them.

The battle of the mother-f***ing Pacific.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I actually want to compete and continue to round out our core with players in the right age group that want to play here. Seattle is not going to be a slouch to play against, I'll tell you that right now..... we have to be ready to go toe-to-toe with them.

The battle of the mother-f***ing Pacific.

Yea that’s the biggest part. We need our core to compete now otherwise we’re just wasting prime years.

Lets say one of the forwards available at 9 is a 70-80 point player by the time he’s 25.

Thats 7 years from now…That means guys like Horvat, Boeser, Miller are likely on the decline. Petey and Hughes only have a few prime years left, and Hoglander and Podkolzin are in the middle of their prime.

Meanwhile Reinhart is a piece ready to produce now. Right at the right age to enter his prime with our other core players. Probably one of the last pieces to help us make the playoffs.

Easy choice for me.

• Cheers 1

For example, it was a lower scale move, but it's basically what we did when we traded for Dickinson. We traded this years 3rd for him. It's good currency, but there's also the part where you actually have to hit on the pick. :lol: Whereas Dickinson is a former 1st rounder drafted the same year as Bo. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea that’s the biggest part. We need our core to compete now otherwise we’re just wasting prime years.

Lets say one of the forwards available at 9 is a 70-80 point player by the time he’s 25.

Thats 7 years from now…That means guys like Horvat, Boeser, Miller are likely on the decline. Petey and Hughes only have a few prime years left, and Hoglander and Podkolzin are in the middle of their prime.

Meanwhile Reinhart is a piece ready to produce now. Right at the right age to enter his prime with our other core players. Probably one of the last pieces to help us make the playoffs.

Easy choice for me.

I hope Jim gets Reinhart for 9oa nothing else. Jim can still get a first rounder in the later rounds who plays RD. Hello mailloux 

• Cheers 1

Hyman is welcome in a Canucks uniform from my standpoint.

Always appreciated the player - one of, it not my favorite Leaf of recent years, certainly presently.

My favorite Leafs always seem to wind up moving on lol - don't go changing Toronto...

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think Reinhart becomes a strong possibility once Holtby gets selected. It opens up enough cap space. Deal would still have to be 

Van: Reinhart w/extension in place 

Buffalo: 9oa, Roussel

Edited by KKnight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I think Reinhart becomes a strong possibility once Holtby gets selected. It opens up enough cap space. Deal would still have to be 

Van: Reinhart w/extension in place 

Buffalo: 9oa, Roussel

Whats a better route for us when thinking long term. Trading away our 1st pick 9OA for a 26 yr old player like reinhart  or is it better we buy out a few contracts and sign a 29 yr old player and dont lose any assets. Makes ya think.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Whats a better route for us when thinking long term. Trading away our 1st pick 9OA for a 26 yr old player like reinhart  or is it better we buy out a few contracts and sign a 29 yr old player and dont lose any assets. Makes ya think.

That 29 year old player is gonna want a long term contract and will likely only perform at a high level for a couple more years.

Reinhart has probably 5 good years left which gives a good window to try and compete for a cup.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That 29 year old player is gonna want a long term contract and will likely only perform at a high level for a couple more years.

Reinhart has probably 5 good years left which gives a good window to try and compete for a cup.

Why is it impossible for him to still be good for 4 or even 5 more years? He is not eriksson why is it a must to compare hyman to him? 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Why is it impossible for him to still be good for 4 or even 5 more years? He is not eriksson why is it a must to compare hyman to him? 

That’s just the odds.

Most players trail off past 31.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Very true, but if I can get Reinhart locked up long term for 5.5 per and all I lose is a player that might grow in to being as effective as Reinhart, I would take the risk. I think he fits our window and if we can shed Roussel in the process, we can still improve this team in a very deep UFA pool. I think there are going to be some good bargains for teams who are patient. 

Miller - Pete - Boeser

Hoglander - Bo - Reinhart 

Pearson - Dickinson - Podz 

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen 

I like that forward mix. Now defense is another story. 

Edited by KKnight