The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Hyman. I think he’s a fantastic player but if edmonton is really going to sign him for 8 years I’m going to laugh my ass off. Would be the cherry on top after losing Larsson and trading for Keith 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Hyman. I think he’s a fantastic player but if edmonton is really going to sign him for 8 years I’m going to laugh my ass off. Would be the cherry on top after losing Larsson and trading for Keith 

I don't have an issue with the player, he's a complimentary guy and those players can be valuable, my issue is with what it'd likely take to sign him 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Devron44 said:

If they don't bring someone in they could lose McDavid soon.

They're not worried about several years down the road. They're worried about the next couple of years to get McDavid some players to play with. 

• Cheers 2

He's good but people forget He's a 20 goal scoring, gritty forward who disappeared in the playoffs, has around 5 goals in 30+ playoff games. 

He's a very good middle-6 forward who's going to get stupid money despite a flat Covid cap.

7-8 years is a big commitment for a 29 year old who plays with as much energy as he does.

That being said he would make Edmonton much better, probably end up playing with McDavid at times and score 30 goals...

• Like 1

I don't know if it was the **** sucking eastern Canadian sports media or the brilliance of Hyman's agent, but the hype around Hyman is astounding. Good for him for getting that bag. 

But good luck to whoever gets stuck with his contract for the next 7-8 years. I'm not going to sit here and say Benning is brilliant with signing bargain deals, but I'm happy that he doesn't get caught up in the hype (except Eriksson lols).

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

this sounds like a "sign & trade" is in the works to give Hyman a term of 8 years. Leafs would re- sign Hyman to an 8 year extension and trade him afterwards to the Edmonton Oilers.

Ken Holland and his advisors reaction to people thinking this is a bad move:

Muppets Laughing GIF - Muppets Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

But  yowzers you think they'd still have some PTSD from the Lucic deal - 8 years is going to be OUCH.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

this sounds like a "sign & trade" is in the works to give Hyman a term of 8 years. Leafs would re- sign Hyman to an 8 year extension and trade him afterwards to the Edmonton Oilers.

I like the player but wow, thats 2x as long as it should/needs to be. Holland sat on his balls with this one. 

• Cheers 3

5 mill would be a very good cap hit for Hyman.

Term will be too long but who cares, it's about getting McDavid some players to play with next 2 or 3 years before he leaves for a bigger market. 

Plays rugged, strong, 2way game. Will play on top line with McDavid. Scores 20 goals.. good add for Oilers.