The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

Hyman (Hunan) is a solid player and for a fair price I’d love to see him on our team. JB should (likely already has) make the call to enquire about his goals for a contract. Unfortunately I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the ask will be much more than 3 years at 4-4.5M and we should say thanks but no thanks. We need to clear cap space, fill in the holes on the right side D and wait for Louie to leave the sport next year. Podz is going to help the forward group along with a healthy Petie and I strongly believe we are going to see a very driven combination of Bo and Hoglander taking the next step this year. Please JB, don’t overspend on aging vets...that part of the re-jig, re-build, re-tool whatever is over. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stay away, Jim. Hyman is not going to be cheap or solve the team's scoring woes. 

Depends on the cost. I like that Jim is doing his due diligence on it at least. A Pearson level deal would be fine.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Depends on the cost. I like that Jim is doing his due diligence on it at least. A Pearson level deal would be fine.

Considering that he's generating a lot of interest from different clubs, I highly doubt the cost will be worth the player. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

teams should just wait, maybe Seattle selects him in expansion...they have tons of cap room so they can kind of overpay the kid. Don't help out the Laffs let them spin in circles with their cap issues!

So what you're saying is teams should give Toronto the finger regarding Hyman? 

• Haha 1