The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Pittsburgh to leave Zucker, McCann, M. Pettersson, and Jarry unprotected for expansion

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I was in Harrison/Agassiz and it was $1.50. Good on Burnaby.

I'm sure it won't be free real soon ..... if everybody else is charging money, they will soon.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Marcus Pettersson could make a formidable Edler replacement.

I’d like ZAR on the third line with Podkolzin also. Then maybe find a Russian friend for him to center them?

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Among other surprising names potentially being exposed Mike Matheson who had a good year for Pittsburgh and Zach Aston Reese.

Canucks should jump on a Marcus Pettersson or Jared McCann.

Are Pettersson and McCann free somehow? They might be exposed for expansion, but I'm not sure that means they're easy targets for anyone other than Seattle unless we made a trade.

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Are Pettersson and McCann free somehow? They might be exposed for expansion, but I'm not sure that means they're easy targets for anyone other than Seattle unless we made a trade.

Certainly not free, but opportunity for Canucks to add to their roster. Both fulfill positions that we need, certainly should be explored to add them.

Pittsburgh seems to be wanting to clear cap space to make bigger moves, like us, but Marcus Pettersson had a really good season. He would fill in admirably, especially replacing the needs left open with likely Edler's departure.

• Hydration 2

21 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Certainly not free, but opportunity for Canucks to add to their roster. Both fulfill positions that we need, certainly should be explored to add them.

Pittsburgh seems to be wanting to clear cap space to make bigger moves, like us, but Marcus Pettersson had a really good season. He would fill in admirably, especially replacing the needs left open with likely Edler's departure.

I wonder what it would take to get him and what we have that Pittsburgh would want? He could be a nice addition.

• Hydration 1

18 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Then we should definitely acquire Emil Pettersson and be witness to the first goal scored by Pettersson assisted by Pettersson and Pettersson

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Up to $2 bucks at the gas station by my place now. Due to inflation I guess?

$2? I'll have to go back down to the Esso at the bottom of the hill where I live and see if they've increased theirs too. Bastards!

By the way, extremely solid and deft pun work there. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Hydration 1

Just now, CaptKirk888 said:

Up to $2 bucks at the gas station by my place now. Due to inflation I guess?

Aren't you generally paying that $2 due to deflation? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I wonder what it would take to get him and what we have that Pittsburgh would want? He could be a nice addition.

This would be a hard sell for Burke and Hextall but since Jarry faltered hard in the playoffs, I wonder if there is any appetite for Braden Holtby for Pettersson swap.

Similar money, except Pettersson will carry 4 more years on his deal

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This would be a hard sell for Burke and Hextall but since Jarry faltered hard in the playoffs, I wonder if there is any appetite for Braden Holtby for Pettersson swap.

Similar money, except Pettersson will carry 4 more years on his deal

Yeah, I think we'd have to add a lot for that. An additional 2nd and 4th/5th might do it.