The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Ott/Van TB/Van

I have questions:

Why does Ottawa trade away Norris when he's just had a breakout season and is younger than Boeser?

What does Norris bring us that Boeser doesn't?

On top of the above questions, why would Ottawa throw in the 10th OA pick in with that?

Also, why would Tampa trade away Cernak for an unproven Rathbone?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I have questions:

Why does Ottawa trade away Norris when he's just had a breakout season and is younger than Boeser?

What does Norris bring us that Boeser doesn't?

On top of the above questions, why would Ottawa throw in the 10th OA pick in with that?

Also, why would Tampa trade away Cernak for an unproven Rathbone?

Come on now....NOBODY likes the voice of reason, round these parts....

;)

• Haha 1

Well Boeser is better than Norris so that might actually be a trade they'd be willing to do. That 10th overall pick might be hard to get with it, but perhaps if we toss in a sweetener.

I just don't see a reason to do it. Boeser is a great goal scorer and we saw that this year on a bad team. I don't think we're a contender next year, but I also don't think we're 5 years away anymore. I think the current core (Peaty, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, Demko) need to be ready to compete in the next 2ish years. They seem to really like each other which I honestly think is an important factor and finally after so many years of waiting after this season pretty much all the bad contracts (and the recapture penalty) will be expiring. 

The trade isn't bad, but just feels like trading Boeser will leave a massive hole in the lineup and we'll be back here talking about needing a scoring winger. 

(I've heard Cernak is good though so I'd likely do that trade)

Edited by Bobby James
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Well Boeser is better than Norris so that might actually be a trade they'd be willing to do. That 10th overall pick might be hard to get with it, but perhaps if we toss in a sweetener.

I just don't see a reason to do it. Boeser is a great goal scorer and we saw that this year on a bad team. I don't think we're a contender next year, but I also don't think we're 5 years away anymore. I think the current core (Peaty, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, Demko) need to be ready to compete in the next 2ish years. They seem to really like each other which I honestly think is an important factor and finally after so many years of waiting after this season pretty much all the bad contracts (and the recapture penalty) will be expiring. 

The trade isn't bad, but just feels like trading Boeser will leave a massive hole in the lineup and we'll be back here talking about needing a scoring winger. 

(I've heard Cernak is good though so I'd likely do that trade)

The reason I went there with Boes, is because I have family in Calgary involved with alot of hockey, where a certain coaches dad lives and is involved...and hinted maybe Boes would prefer to play else where. 

The Tampa trade i thought worked for 2 reasons. A blue line with Hughes and Rathebone would be nice, but small. Tampas cap makes resigning reasonable contracts harder. And RFA friendly cap like Rathebone gives them relief, flexibility, and a possible 2nd unit puck moving d man. 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

The reason I went there with Boes, is because I have family in Calgary involved with alot of hockey, where a certain coaches dad lives and is involved...and hinted maybe Boes would prefer to play else where. 

The Tampa trade i thought worked for 2 reasons. A blue line with Hughes and Rathebone would be nice, but small. Tampas cap makes resigning reasonable contracts harder. And RFA friendly cap like Rathebone gives them relief, flexibility, and a possible 2nd unit puck moving d man. 

I have a friend who’s dog crapped on someone’s lawn, who knows a friend in Calgary, who walks his dog at the same dog park as a guy who knows a guy involved in a lot (notice this is two words:) of hockey, and he whispered that ... :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I have a friend who’s dog crapped on someone’s lawn, who knows a friend in Calgary, who walks his dog at the same dog park as a guy who knows a guy involved in a lot (notice this is two words:) of hockey, and he whispered that ... :lol:

Baumers dad. My cousin played for team canada roller hockey. 

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I really like Boeser, but isn't he supposed to make around $7+ in a year or two? 

He's from Minny, maybe he'd like to play near home. 

Boeser for Greenway and Soucy

Why are ppl so eager to trade a guy that’s actually good? Is our goal to trade our guys that are young and good just because? Brock making 7 mill per is literally just over a million more per season than he makes atm. 30 other NHL teams would gladly pay him 7 or more but the canucks should because god forbid a good player makes 7+ mill TIME TO SHIP HIM OUT!!