The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis hired by NHLPA as consultant on business matters

Rate this topic

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Mike Gillis hired by NHLPA as consultant on business matters
21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Will never get another GM job again after he bungled our goalie situation and our cap.

Him and Chiarelli are on an island together.

I thought I remembered him saying he didn't want to GM again? Maybe I'm wrong.

Good for Mike.

Great hockey mind. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mike-gillis-ready-return-nhl-not-general-manager/

Though I like Benning, I was one of Gillis' supporters. I know he made some decent contract gaffs but that era had some exciting Canucks hockey. 

Edited by bishopshodan
Added article
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Definitely trying to get his feet wet again to get back into a bigger role my guess, take what you can get.

I'd rule out the Canucks :lol:, but yes I see it as a setup to get back into a GM role if he can somewhere

13 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Hope this is just a setup for him to eventually return as Canucks GM :bigblush:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Technically yes he did, but Tortorella is the one to blame here, he is the one who believed Eddie Lack gave the Canucks the best opportunity to win games over Luongo :picard::lol: hence the real reason he was traded.

Very true. Either way, hilarious. Went from having 2 of the best in the league to Eddie Lack.

• Haha 4

blob?bcid=T.rWabXra.0C-5sTV5zHdp5gQ-In.....wY

I will always miss the throatie in the later part of his tenure with the Canucks, signaling to us all he had mailed it in and was counting down the days till he was somewhere, anywhere else. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Very true. Either way, hilarious. Went from having 2 of the best in the league to Eddie Lack.

Jacob Markstrom.  4th in Vezina voting (for us) & our current Captain (Horvat).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought I remembered him saying he didn't want to GM again? Maybe I'm wrong.

Good for Mike.

Great hockey mind. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mike-gillis-ready-return-nhl-not-general-manager/

Though I like Benning, I was one of Gillis' supporters. I know he made some decent contract gaffs but that era had some exciting Canucks hockey. 

Yeah, but 75% of our production in that era, was from players who were drafted or acquired by Nonis and Burke.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Jacob Markstrom.  4th in Vezina voting (for us) & our current Captain (Horvat).

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind how it turned out. Was rough at the time though a s funny looking back. Schneider trade worked really well from me. Bo Has been my favourite player for quite awhile 

• Cheers 1