The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay, so the trade is Gads and a third for Dickinson.  He is a lot cheaper than Sutter, so we do save on the cap.  

Or more like:

Dickinson and Gadjovich for Lind and a 3rd.

Still hoping Seattle takes Holtby though.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ur a Towel said:

Yeah sadly it's mostly the same people each time too. We gave up a 3rd for a proven middle six forward that is exactly what we needed. Everyone should love this trade as he fills one of our biggest needs.

Is he a centre though?  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need a guy who can take D zone draws, so Bo dorsnt have to always do it.  Yes, he’s decent depth, but is he worth protecting (he’s coming 27) over Lind?  

That's what 4th line centers are for, JB promised 3 scoring lines and this is a move to help with that.

We can still sign Sutter for cheap to take D-zone draws. There will be lots of those kind of players in free agency.

Edited by FlyLow_
  • Upvote 3

Who else thinks the Krakheads are going to actually be divisionally competitive this year? Some great options for them out there. I think it's going to a fierce rivalry immediately, or at least I hope. I'm actually kind of concerned about their potential in year 1, tbh.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Or more like:

Dickinson and Gadjovich for Lind and a 3rd.

I’m okay with the trade, but I don’t think this guy is a defensive centre.  He’s a defensive minded player, but he’s not taking any important D zone draws unless it’s off an icing.  

3 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

We don't need to make a deal. That would be dumb. If they don't take Holtby, we can just trade him ourselves. It's already been reported that there is legit interest from several teams for Holtby.

We aren't who said we were?

But Seattle could next spring if they took Holtby.

Just now, Alflives said:

Is he a centre though?  

Yes he is. His faceoff stats may not be the greatest, but it's an area that can definitely be improved on. We have Miller, Horvat and Beagle to take important draws in the meantime. Dickenson is great defensively though and will give the other team fits out there.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's played 40 games for Dallas in the playoffs including every game in the Stanley Cup final last year in the bubble.  To suggest he's an AHL player at this point shows your complete lack of knowledge of the NHL game...

Yawn. I’d sooner keep the 3rd. 

• RoughGame 4

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m okay with the trade, but I don’t think this guy is a defensive centre.  He’s a defensive minded player, but he’s not taking any important D zone draws unless it’s off an icing.  

If it's that important, you put 2 centers out in case someone gets kicked out.

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

plus FWIW Drance and the Athletic boys have been suspiciously nice to management lately - they appreciated the leg work JB was doing to make this deal happen and they’re positive about the pickup.   

Hm you are right, Drance is unusually positive

• Cheers 2

Pretty happy with this trade. Addresses an area of need without paying much, and as RFA we can hopefully negotiate a reasonable contract. Apparently he's a real character guy as well, which fits right into the kind of team Benning has built.

His faceoffs aren't great - which isn't ideal, but other than that, I'm pretty happy to have him on board.