The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

Just now, KKnight said:

I like Tanev, but 4.5 million for an often injured dman. He's a warrior, but he's on the downswing of his career. It was wise to move on from that. Toffoli on the other hand, wasn't the smartest. 

Giving away key assets of your team.. 50 years of cup drought and counting because of decisions like this 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dickinson is 3rd line material who can actually move up to the top 6 if needed.  He isn't going to be on your 4th line.  He averaged over 16 minutes a game last year.

He could slot on the left side if there is an injury, but for the most part I think Benning is bringing him in to play 3C.

The coach will decide where he plays.

If we can have a guy on the fourth good enough to play on the third that’s great. That’s how you build depth.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

I really do hope Seattle takes Holtby or Lind, I'd really like to keep Gadjovich and MacEwan. 

However that's pretty much based on toughness. 

Rumors are Canucks are interested in protecting Lind. Which I am all for. Kid looks massive on the ice and in his few stints looked solid. Love Gadj, but I could see Seattle passing on him to take someone else. But I don't see them passing on Lind.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

JB still has to get a 3C. I don't think he's our guy. But an upgrade on Beagle Roussel is welcomed.   

Exactly how I see it.

He can fill in that role but I don’t think this is the third line center option. We can still upgrade there too.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So a quality defensive player who helps his team win in a supporting role?

Haha, ok. Who needs goals from a bottom 6 forward. Look how great it works for Edmonton. Any time Jim gives a pick for a penalty killer it’s a complete waste of an asset because he has had 7 years to develop this guy but instead he is always cashing in for instant help that almost always becomes extremely underwhelming. Trust me, don’t get excited. 

• RoughGame 15

Just now, Provost said:

Are you a moron?

You appear to be listening to voices in your head instead of actually reading and comprehending posts.

I am judging Benning on things he has done.  I am not going to give him credit for things he hasn’t done yet.

I literally posted that I am judging him based on last performed and that the team has to show results in the ice before I will change my opinion on the job he has done.  That isn’t pre-judging him for things he hasn’t done… that is actually using evidence based critical thinking.  Things called facts…. Not sure if they are familiar to you at all?

The FACT is that we have been one of the most consistently terrible teams in the league for Benning’s entire tenure.  Somehow in your tortured delusions we are supposed to give him credit for being a winning team next year before it happens… otherwise we are dumb?

We aren’t a winning team until we start actually winning… I know that is a radical idea.

Go jump in a lake.

One the flip side of that, look at our prospect pool now, we've had a solid run in the playoffs during one of the most difficult sporting situations in history, and we now have a core that isn't blowing up our cap space.  it's the vets that were brought in to do their jobs that have failed us through their play, accountability or health/injuries. That's not solely on Benning. The contract values were on par with the market. You may not want to admit that but it's the truth.  

it's been a long rebuild for all of us, but you can't argue the assets this team now has because of that suffering. Our core is young and among the top in the league, dude.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He also plays left wing. Could still see us going after another center.

Could see it like:

Pearson UFA Podkolzin 

Dickinson Beagle Motte

Slot Haula or Czikas in there...?

Think I'd prefer this though:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser
Pearson, Horvat, Hoglander
Dickinson, Czikas/Haula, Podkolzin
Highmore, Beagle, Motte

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Are you a moron?

You appear to be listening to voices in your head instead of actually reading and comprehending posts.

I am judging Benning on things he has done.  I am not going to give him credit for things he hasn’t done yet.

I literally posted that I am judging him based on last performed and that the team has to show results in the ice before I will change my opinion on the job he has done.  That isn’t pre-judging him for things he hasn’t done… that is actually using evidence based critical thinking.  Things called facts…. Not sure if they are familiar to you at all?

The FACT is that we have been one of the most consistently terrible teams in the league for Benning’s entire tenure.  Somehow in your tortured delusions we are supposed to give him credit for being a winning team next year before it happens… otherwise we are dumb?

We aren’t a winning team until we start actually winning… I know that is a radical idea.

Go jump in a lake.

You are an IDIOT!!!!! You quoted MY post where i was talking about some people judging / criticizing him for things that HAVEN'T even happened, then totally twisted it / justified the judgement / criticism. What is sooo hard to understand about what i originally said??? Anyone with half a brain understands it's not right or fair to judge someone for something that hasn't even happened. I also added that judgement / criticism is fair in regards to things he has ALREADY done wrong. 

Try using that thing between your ears, common sense and logic next time!!! 

Edited by IRR
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2