The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

55 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

But does he have 'heft'? 

What about wingspan?

54 minutes ago, Josepho said:

This is a solid move.

Based solely on this comment, I will continue to read your posts. I mention this because I'm willing to read all the factual moaning and groaning from people, as long as they notice the positive. You have made the list of those that can still see positive things. Good on Yah!

42 minutes ago, appleboy said:

That is all he did?

Wow, what happened to aggressive?    I like !

It is very early in the off season, so yah that is all he did- so far.

40 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Not miserable just know when a guy isn’t capable for the job 

Funny, because in an other thread you said the team " is not far away 2 signings and a hockey trade like this and Canucks can be in contention"

Just now, Petey40 said:

I don’t trust you lol I actually trust all the Dallas fan comments I’ve been reading about how much they love him and how he’s a fantastic player that helped them win every night. Amazing penalty killer and tons of energy. I trust the fans who watched him play every game for the past 3 seasons.

I’ve watched him every game for the past 3 seasons. I’m not a fan 

11 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Well not to be a jerk but the division is weak. Still early things could change.

SJ?

Calgary?

Anaheim?

Van (maybe)

That's part of my point. CGY may be regressing, EDM too. The Cali teams haven't done much to upgrade yet.  And on top of that you have Seattle who is going to weaponize every aspect of their first year. If Francis wanted to go the route based on who might be available for ED plus all the UFA talk, he could assemble a pretty solid, aggressive roster in no time.  

• Thanks 1

Solid deal for the Canucks and that definitely qualifies as a solid Sutter replacement.  Dickinson, 26, had very good defensive metrics in Dallas last year and lead the ice time in PK.  He also has traces of offensive upside (albeit limited) and is a decent skater.  Good size as well at 6’2 200 lbs.  Apparently doesn’t look too out of place when having to play higher in the line-up as well.   

Lots to like in this deal. 

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wow :blink:

“@JDylanBurke has more on the trade, one he considers a clear win for the Canucks

Remember this day, folks.

JD Burke just said that Benning won a trade!

:lol:

I wonder if this is a guy Shaw wanted?

• Cheers 4

27 minutes ago, coryberg said:

You would have to look at it as who would Seattle have taken if kole wasn't exposed...

So a 3rd and Lind for Dickinson and Gadjovich 

Your hilarious, Lind will never be Dickinson, which isn't saying much, but the third line is complete.  So I'm completely fine with the cost. A third line center at 1.5 million that plays hard both ways, and this part is important- is a NHL'er not an AHL'er, good job JB.

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Solid deal for the Canucks and that definitely qualifies as a solid Sutter replacement.  Dickinson, 26, had very good defensive metrics in Dallas last year and lead the ice time in PK.  He also has traces of offensive upside (albeit limited) and is a decent skater.  Good size as well at 6’2 200 lbs.  Apparently doesn’t look too out of place when having to play higher in the line-up as well.   

Faksa and Comeau had more PK ice time.

12 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Haha, ok. Who needs goals from a bottom 6 forward. Look how great it works for Edmonton. Any time Jim gives a pick for a penalty killer it’s a complete waste of an asset because he has had 7 years to develop this guy but instead he is always cashing in for instant help that almost always becomes extremely underwhelming. Trust me, don’t get excited. 

You're not very convincing. Try again.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I just hope they don't through him a foundational contract. Lets keep him under two mil.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Faksa and Comeau had more PK ice time.

You might be right.  Having said that, check this out:

Very interesting read:  this guy thinks Dickinson is better than Faska if we look at the metrics: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.defendingbigd.com/platform/amp/2021/6/14/22526686/analysis-between-radek-faksa-jason-dickinson-who-do-the-dallas-stars-protect-seattle-joe-pavelski