The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

54 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Like I said in an earlier response, I’m literally in Texas right now, I work down here and have watched his potato a lot but hey, enjoy the instant gratification. 

It doesn't matter where you live or what you watch.

You're still completely out to lunch!

• Hydration 2
  • -AJ- featured this topic
1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

It doesn't matter where you live or what you watch.

You're still completely out to lunch!

It’s dinner in Texas.  

• Haha 1

Isn't it also heavily rumored seattle is interested in holtby with a bit of cap kept?. Maybe there is a deal in place there where lind or gadge aren't even a part of the conversation. To early to jump the gun on guesses on who seattle picks or not. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yes it is :lol:

It’s not quite as simple as that though for the equation as we would be losing someone, so the cost isn’t a direct add Lind to the cost.

what happens then if they take one of our UFAs? (I doubt they do) 

what we have traded is a 3rd the a potential risk of losing Lind, a risk that may not materialise 

17 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, like Petey and Huggy and Hogz and Podz and JT and Schmitty and Boner and Brock and ... need I go on John?

No, we need a team of strictly offensive studs.  Having a well rounded team is overrated, just ask the godly Laffs. 

• Haha 2
Just now, UKNuck96 said:

It’s not quite as simple as that though for the equation as we would be losing someone, so the cost isn’t a direct add Lind to the cost.

what happens then if they take one of our UFAs? (I doubt they do) 

what we have traded is a 3rd the a potential risk of losing Lind, a risk that may not materialise 

True, they could take Edler.  They might have negotiated a contract with him already.  

8 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I wonder what the Hockey guys take is on this, hes admittingly cheering for Dallas but a big Nucks fan

I really like his videos. I don't know how much you can make as a youtuber, tho. What kind of money does a guy with 200k followers make? 

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Was VAN's PK really their biggest problem last year? 

All I want to know is: Is he a team player and can he win faceoffs?

It was and going into this season with only Motte/Beagle on the PK it was a hole (along with 3C) Canucks desperately needed to fill.  Now you can run Dickie/Highmore or Dickie/Pearson which is good. 

Podz is going to be (I think) a good 2 way player and if Motte plays 3rd line LW (I think he's earned that opportunity) you've got an interesting 3rd line there.  Hopefully a play driving and strong defensively line.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really like his videos. I don't know how much you can make as a youtuber, tho. What kind of money does a guy with 200k followers make? 

Ya not sure about what he makes financially but he's pretty familiar with dallas players .

16 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

You literally just expanded on my point. 
jason Dickinson can’t score goals. He is not supplementary offence when the top line gets shut down. He shuts himself down though. 

Actually no I didnt. On a low scoring Dallas team he was projected for 11goals in an 82 game season… on a low scoring team…..in the bottom 6….

Compared to TBL, VGK, COL who were all high scoring teams. He was on the same pace as guys like Carrier, Roy, Cirelli, Johnson, D. Toews, Jost, Bellemare and Goodrow. All projected to score between 10-12 goals in a regular 82 game season.

He wasnt acquired to be in the top 6 and provide goal scoring he was acquired to be in the bottom 6 and provide the role of bottom 6 players while occasionally contributing goals.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3
1 minute ago, Dannydog said:

Ya not sure about what he makes financially but he's pretty familiar with dallas players .

I like that he has favourite teams but is really level headed in his takes on things. I started watching his videos instead of the news a few months ago, and I'm much happier. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 70seven said:

Dickenson = Sutter

No, not even close. Dickenson hits and blocks shots which we need from our bottom 6, sutter did neither of those things.

Nice, this is a player I have liked since his draft year.

To me he is a Jannick Hansen style player, a Swiss Army knife that can play up and down the line up and get under other players skin and is a very good two way player.

• Hydration 3