The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

Just now, spook007 said:

This...

Some of the comments here are somewhere between head shaking and ridiculous... 

We need a defensive 3C....one with size, who can PK and maybe play an in your face style of hockey...

So Benning gets Dallas top PK'er...  so the comments are, he doesn't score enough, he is not good enough on the draws, bla bla bla and all for a 3rd round pick...

Some times.... :picard:

yeah it’s ridiculous i bet some nuck fans are still bragging how awesome of a GM lamorello is for trading ladd and a bunch of picks but if benning did that he would probably be hunted down lol

• Vintage 4

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

I'm struggling to understand why you are here. You live in Texas, you hate Dickinson, you don't care for what Benning has done, and you seem to think you are the smartest guy in the room. You are not. Why bother being on a fan forum when you obviously aren't a fan?

Hes just a troll

• Hydration 2

I wouldn't call this an aggressive move, barely heard of this guy. If he can win some faceoffs and play physical, good defensively, then maybe they've improved their bottom 6?  Highmore is a pretty good 3rd liner too, speed and grit. SEA could take him now, so did VAN really get better?

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Lots of people here were upset we got Motte instead of a pick too.  Quality defensive forwards are underrated big time.

hmm tampa traded 2 firsts for them last year. the only reason dickison didn't cost us a first was because he's not making 1M

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wouldn't call this an aggressive move, barely heard of this guy. If he can win some faceoffs and play physical, good defensively, then maybe they've improved their bottom 6?  Highmore is a pretty good 3rd liner too, speed and grit. SEA could take him now, so did VAN really get better?

Yes we did

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Seems like he can take draws, although he's not great at them, and his defensive play is top notch. That's what I'm gathering anyways.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

I'm struggling to understand why you are here. You live in Texas, you hate Dickinson, you don't care for what Benning has done, and you seem to think you are the smartest guy in the room. You are not. Why bother being on a fan forum when you obviously aren't a fan?

I work in Texas and live in BC. I’ve watched a lot of him. I don’t hate him I just think a 3rd is a little much for this guy. He is generic and will make little impact. Jim has had 7 years to draft and develop a 3rd C. Why are we still spending draft picks? If he held onto more or acquired more from the start, we’d have a guy graduating to this position. It’s just another symptom of his poor planning. 

• RoughGame 5

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

yeah he took about 300 faceoffs last year

Seems like he’s our answer to 3C.  And he’s good on the PK.  And he’s hard to play against.  Sutter’s replacement?  

• Vintage 2

Fantastic trade for the Canucks. Sure, the Stars could pick the next Henrik Zetterberg or Nic Lidstrom with that 3rd rounder, but what the Nucks get is an excellent, defensive, shutdown 3rd line centre - think Danault-Light. He's got good size, he can skate and he's not horrible in the face-off circle, but there's room to grow there. Like Danault, he's not a big offensive guy, but that hasn't hurt Danault's value one bit. I love it, and he won't demand a lot of coin either, since he hasn't produced much offence. Let's just hope he enjoys it here more than Nate Schmidt apparently has. If we can fill out the D-core and guys like Gadjovich and Podkolzin can make a decent enough impact in their respective roles on the 3rd and 4th line wings, we'll be in pretty good shape. It would be really nice if Seattle takes that Holtby contract, but I think they'll take Lind, which doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather have the Manchild on the team, since he's got good 2 way ability, works really hard, is gritty and can score, especially on PP. Send him to Bo Horvat's skating instructor and he'll be just fine. But as for Dickinson, he's exactly what we've needed to anchor that 3rd line at a reasonable price. Bring back Sutter maybe at league minimum, otherwise move on to more pressing issues. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Good move bringing in Shaw, and now acquiring Dickinson, I'm guessing the Canucks will have much improved D play next season. Just need to find that defensive Dman for Hughes now. 

Is this VAN's new 3rd line?

Motte - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Imagine adding Svechkov to the prospect pool as well in 6 days. Another very good defensive player. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 2