The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

I read he played a bit on the top line with Benn and boosted their stats in a complimentary role. They won’t start there but Green still has the option to drop Miller to 3C with Motte and Podkolzin to make a much more balanced 3 line attack as a change up / slump buster. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Dallas is saying that trading dickinson was all part of their protection strategy to not loose him for nothing and at least acquire an asset for him. So it sounds like he was a coveted piece. 

edit: Dallas’ protected list was due at 4 p.m. and will be announced by the league Sunday. It is expected to include seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie: Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn, Alexander Radulov, Joe Pavelski, Roope Hintz, Denis Gurianov and Radek Faksa; Miro Heiskanen, Esa Lindell and John Klingberg; and Anton Khudobin.

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Benning has moved out as many picks as he has moved in. He has acquired 1st round talent for 1st round picks.

Toffoli was the only exchange where we lost picks and got nothing out of the deal and that is 100% due to the flat cap. 
Tofu was acquired prior to COVID, the cap was expected to rise to 84.5 to 88 mil for this upcoming season. It wasnt until July that the announcement was made that the cap was going to remain flat for the next couple years. 
Pearson was already under contract and came in at a cheaper extension than Toffoli, we had to brace ourselves for the Petey, Hughes and Demko deals along with Boeser next season. Had the cap risen, Toffoli would have been extended. You cant blame Benning for COVID.

He also did have a 3C in Gaudette who failed to develop into a 3C or 4C. 

O vey 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’m okay with the trade, but I don’t think this guy is a defensive centre.  He’s a defensive minded player, but he’s not taking any important D zone draws unless it’s off an icing.  

You seem very concerned about his face off skill.  That's a concern but maybe there are solutions?  I wonder who he is paired with   maybe after the face off they can switch if he's playing center. 

If thats a line of Dickenson Motte and podz  they'll just take the puck back 

I've always traded for him on NHL 21, now it's a reality. 

If this is a sign of what's to come, JB hit the home run with this deal. Targeted a piece that is within our age range, useful, big center with "heft" and all it took was a 3rd in a weak draft. B)

We still have Schmidt/Holtby/Juolevi/Virtanen as trade baits so an exciting start to our off season so far. 

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

You seem very concerned about his face off skill.  That's a concern but maybe there are solutions?  I wonder who he is paired with   maybe after the face off they can switch if he's playing center. 

If thats a line of Dickenson Motte and podz  they'll just take the puck back 

Yup.  Since reading through the thread, I’ve warmed up to Dickinson as our new 3C.  He’s hard to play against, and we absolutely need more of that.  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

So benning didnt overspend on a old bottom 6 player. Instead he found a 26 yr old 3rd line versatile player who will make 2 mill or less. Seems to me hes learned his lesson.

No, he should have gotten him for a 5th rounder. Benning is a failure. 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

So benning didnt overspend on a old bottom 6 player. Instead he found a 26 yr old 3rd line versatile player who will make 2 mill or less. Seems to me hes learned his lesson.

makes me excited on what defenceman they have their eyes on.

24-26 age range defenceman is our next target I think.