The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Seems the team has moved on from Loui.  He only played 7gms last season, so will likely be in Abby for this one.  I would rather have Beagle around, seeing as we don't have a homegrown replacement for him.  If he's healthy, he's an adequate 4C.

Yes, he is.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller           Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson      Horvat          Hoglander

Motte           Dickinson    Podkolzin

Highmore    Beagle         MacEwen

I could live with that.  I'm sure Benning is going to tweak this even more.  But if we went into next season with that lineup I think we would be fine.  We just need to work on the D now.  A couple of RHD is what we need.  Give me some Jani Hakanpaa.  And go all in for Erik Cernak and we are done.

Still need another top 6 to push Pearson and Motte down.

Benning isn’t done.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Loui in Abby only saves us like a million in cap (although I get what you’re saying).  I say we move Loui, clear 6 million, and make serious strides to fielding a more competitive team this coming season.

Now more than ever, the players need to be believe that last season was the anomaly (ie this core’s version of 2007/2008), and not the highly successful 2019-2020 season.

I get where you're coming from Pat, but to dump Loui, the team will have to send along a high draft pick, or good nhl player, or adecent prospect.  Just not worth it for 1yr.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This organization is not deep enough to be trading future assets for this years on ice product. Using assets to clear cap space for one season would be the dumbest thing Jim could do.

Each year he should add a piece and hopefully the development side will produce a piece.

Lets not forget that Pod is coming in this year. If Holtby gets taken and they buy out Jake they will have some cash to add to our D. Next year they will have another 9 mil to spend. Maybe our 9th overall pick will be ready for 2022.

Roussel, Virtanen, Holtby, Beagle, Loui and Luongo's recap.  

I'm counting 22 million coming off the books next year. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Roussel, Virtanen, Holtby, Beagle, Loui and Luongo's recap.  

I'm counting 22 million coming off the books next year. 

Holtby may get picked up in ED this year. Jake will probably get bought out this year. 

I forgot about Rousell and Beagle for next. At least they might play this year . The 9 mil from LE and Loui is dead space. Those ones really hurt.

2022 is the year they will be back in the money as long as they don't do anything big this year. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

56 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are all wondering that. Most recent report states that the Canucks are still very interested in Hyman so I am wondering what JB is planning if he still wants a top 6 forward. 

JB can't get any more creative to upgrade this team adding Hyman without letting go Boeser.... Unless he can somehow find takers for Eriksson or Beagle or Roussel + Virtanen! 

Keep in mind any savings from letting go Edler and Sutter will only cover about 80% of Petey & Hughes $ for next season!!  Holtby gotta be picked up by Seattle if we wanna do more! 

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Holtby may get picked up in ED this year. Jake will probably get bought out this year. 

I forgot about Rousell and Beagle for next. At least they might play this year . The 9 mil from LE and Loui is dead space. Those ones really hurt.

2022 is the year they will be back in the money as long as they don't do anything big this year. 

Oh they will....what has brought you to believe they can stay clear of dead money?

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Totally that is a weak top 6.

I wouldnt say it’s weak but it could definitely benefit from a player like Bertuzzi, Saad, or Hyman.

The bottom 6 also looks much better with Pearson in it.

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

He's good and all but in my mind he's exactly what the Canucks don't need.

I want them thick.

The Canucks looking at Bertuzzi and Hyman tell you exactly the type of player they’re looking for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldnt say it’s weak but it could definitely benefit from a player like Bertuzzi, Saad, or Hyman.

The bottom 6 also looks much better with Pearson in it.

I'd say 2/4 wingers aren't top 6. Hogz could be but I don't see him bumping any Tampa or Vegas top 6 wingers out. Podz could be too but when you go into a season with could and ifs you are pretending right off out of the gate.

• Upvote 1