The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seattle takes Tarasenko and we trade a pick and a prospect to them and they retain 50% of his salary.

At $3.75 million for the next two years Tarasenko would be a steal.  

That would be his cap, but what about his total salary?  Would Aqua still have to for out the 9.5m salary?

Another one is Domi + 1.5M retention.  He is certainly worth $3.8m as a great playmaker, good skater, tenacity and can play LW or C.  He does have a shoulder injury which will have him on LTR for a month or 2.

Just now, Patel Bure said:

@Convincing John,

I mean this in the politest and most serious way possible, but are you Radek Faska’s mom by any chance?   I’m just trying to understand your posts in this thread and you seem quite bitter towards Sir John Dickinson for whatever reason.  All of his defensive metrics from last season have pretty much countered all of your “eye test” observations.  So what gives?

Whiners gonna whine!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Rumors are Canucks are interested in protecting Lind. Which I am all for. Kid looks massive on the ice and in his few stints looked solid. Love Gadj, but I could see Seattle passing on him to take someone else. But I don't see them passing on Lind.

Expose Myers. They won't want that contract. Keep Lind. If they take Myers grab Schenn back at 1-2M.

• Vintage 3

I didn’t see this exact player coming to us so I’m ecstatic.

running through roster ideas now if we can’t get Sam Reinhart and we are able to ship Schmidt out for something of value or assets without salary implications.

and if we sign a hyman/Schwartz and Adam larsson or get the LW or RHD for Schmidt our team looks considerably different.

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Hyman/Schwartz-Horvat-Hoglander

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkokzin

Highmore-Graovac-Motte

That’s a pretty interesting top 9

33 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'd say 2/4 wingers aren't top 6. Hogz could be but I don't see him bumping any Tampa or Vegas top 6 wingers out. Podz could be too but when you go into a season with could and ifs you are pretending right off out of the gate.

I think most of us are perfectly willing to pencil Hoglander into the top six. It's really not much of a stretch to believe he'll improve his production enough with another year of development under his belt to be considered a top six player. 

I would like to switch him over to the other wing though. I believe that's his natural position.

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I didn’t see this exact player coming to us so I’m ecstatic.

running through roster ideas now if we can’t get Sam Reinhart and we are able to ship Schmidt out for something of value or assets without salary implications.

and if we sign a hyman/Schwartz and Adam larsson or get the LW or RHD for Schmidt our team looks considerably different.

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Hyman/Schwartz-Horvat-Hoglander

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkokzin

Highmore-Graovac-Motte

That’s a pretty interesting top 9

Thats an excellent top 9 id really like to try hyman with petey and Brock tho. Miller with Bo and Hogs whew so many options <_<

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Rumors are Canucks are interested in protecting Lind. Which I am all for. Kid looks massive on the ice and in his few stints looked solid. Love Gadj, but I could see Seattle passing on him to take someone else. But I don't see them passing on Lind.