The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

So is Dickinson signed for next season? Or do the Canucks need to sign his RFA rights. 

im happy with the trade and getting a 3rd line center, im just wondering about his contract and cap hit.

where does this trade leave us in Cap room for signing EP40 and Hughes?

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Alflives said:

44% face-off guy isn’t exactly elite defensively.  

Come on Alf, he could be great defensively in all other areas. Someone posted his advanced stats earlier, go back and check it out.

I’m not pencilling him in at third line center yet.

I still think Benning grabs another center and Dickinson ends up on the wing.

• Upvote 1
Just now, gurn said:

Sutter out      $4,375,000  

Dickinson in  $2,500,000  est.

Win/win.

Yup this is a big win. We got our 3C who can (hopefully) stay healthy and play shutdown minutes. 

Now go upgrade our D and get us another top 6 winger without losing our 1st round pick and you're redeemed JB. 

Looking at Dickinson's numbers and based on how JB wanna build 3 scoring lines, I don't think he's gonna be our 3C... More like for the 4th energy & shutdown line. 

33 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Yup this is a big win. We got our 3C who can (hopefully) stay healthy and play shutdown minutes. 

Now go upgrade our D and get us another top 6 winger without losing our 1st round pick and you're redeemed JB. 

Dickinson contract  2000- 1.4 million  --2021  1.6 million---

I think Benning will extend contract   2 X 1.8 --- 2  million  range....

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I'd say 2/4 wingers aren't top 6. Hogz could be but I don't see him bumping any Tampa or Vegas top 6 wingers out. Podz could be too but when you go into a season with could and ifs you are pretending right off out of the gate.

Well I can say with certainty that our top 6 will not be better then perhaps the best two teams in the league other then Colorado.  

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Looking at Dickinson's numbers and based on how JB wanna build 3 scoring lines, I don't think he's gonna be our 3C... More like for the 4th energy & shutdown line. 

Same way I see it.

Something like this:

Pearson Jenner Podkolzin

Dickinson Beagle Motte

Need more scoring on the third line. The fourth can be the energy/shutdown line.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Dickinson contract  2000- 1.4 million  --2021  1.6 million---

I think Benning will extend contract   2 X 1.8 --- 2  million  range....

He will be #3 C

40 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Not gonna happen.  

2022 is when we upgrade more.  Giving up any more assets this off-season would be forcing things to happen ahead of schedule.  We'll probably get one more piece on D, but I don't see how we can get another top 6 piece without mortgaging the future. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not gonna happen.  

2022 is when we upgrade more.  Giving up any more assets this off-season would be forcing things to happen ahead of schedule.  We'll probably get one more piece on D, but I don't see how we can get another top 6 piece without mortgaging the future. 

This, please!  Let's see what our young guys can do; patch any holes left via UFA next year.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well I can say with certainty that our top 6 will not be better then perhaps the best two teams in the league other then Colorado.  

That's what I am saying...the industry standards should be against the best.

If you compare yourself to losers prepare to fail. Zero excuses.

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Same way I see it.

Something like this:

Pearson Jenner Podkolzin

Dickinson Beagle Motte

Need more scoring on the third line. The fourth can be the energy/shutdown line.

Dunno who Columbus would be willing to take back in giving us Jenner but I was more thinking about buying out or burying contracts of Beagle/Virtanen/Roussel/Eriksson in order to have cap room to fit in a legit scoring 3C! 

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Rumour has it Canucks were close on a few other deals heading to the deadline… and the feeling is some of that legwork could still pan out.  

You might be right.  Dickinson’s speed, forecheck and defensive prowess opens up a lot of options.  He’s played up the lineup with Dallas as well. 

I knew it....

I heard Myers and Loui for Hedman and Kucherov....a lot retained outta Tampa.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Rumour has it Canucks were close on a few other deals heading to the deadline… and the feeling is some of that legwork could still pan out.  

You might be right.  Dickinson’s speed, forecheck and defensive prowess opens up a lot of options.  He’s played up the lineup with Dallas as well. 

Yeah, apparently Benning was after Graves before he was dealt to NJ.