The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah, apparently Benning was after Graves before he was dealt to NJ.

Knowing Benning he’s probably looking at more than a dozen deals.

Graves could have been nice but I’m hoping for a better right side D to play with Hughes.

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

I’m also super impressed this trade happens with Dallas of all teams after those rumours about the owners of our two franchises.

great trade in so happy about this.

im sad tho that larsson intends to resign with the oilers even tho on open marker he’s looking for Tanev money.

hed really be the perfect partner to add for Hughes and our group.

so we need to figure out a trade for Schmidt and get a D man back and sign a Lw or sign a RHD for Hughes and trade Schmidt for LW. 

How positive is it that hes re-signing in Edmonton?

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That still leaves a hole on the 2nd line.  Jenner will cost assets and then you still need a top 6 winger.  How exactly are we going to upgrade the D if we are spending all of our assets on the forward group?

Dickinson on the 3rd line is fine.  He can play centre.  He took almost 300 draws last year and his FO% is 46.2, not 42% as some are claiming.  And it's gone up each year.  With some good coaching he can get it over 50% easy.  Also, he was moved UP the lineup in Dallas at times, not down.  He averaged over 16 minutes in ice time last year.  As a former 1st round pick he obviously has some hands.  But to put him on the 4th line in a strictly checking role is a waste of his talents.

He will be in the top 9.  Guaranteed.

Obviously it will take some cap dumps for us to do anything. Jenner doesn’t make that much either.

Lots can happen between now and then.

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Obviously it will take some cap dumps for us to do anything. Jenner doesn’t make that much either.

Lots can happen between now and then.

Jenner is at close to $4 million.  Unless we are looking to upgrade our D with minimum wage contracts I doubt we have the cap space to fit him in.  Also, he didn't have a great year last year and has alot of wear and tear on his body.  I think he is regressing.  24 points in 2019, 17 points in 2020.  His offensive numbers aren't much better than Dickinson.

I don't think he's a big upgrade on Dickinson to be honest.  He's better at taking faceoffs but Dickinson's overall defensive play is far superior.  

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jenner is at close to $4 million.  Unless we are looking to upgrade our D with minimum wage contracts I doubt we have the cap space to fit him in.  Also, he didn't have a great year last year and has alot of wear and tear on his body.  I think he is regressing.  24 points in 2019, 17 points in 2020.  His offensive numbers aren't much better than Dickinson.

I don't think he's a big upgrade on Dickinson to be honest.  He's better at taking faceoffs but Dickinson's overall defensive play is far superior.  

Jenner is just one example. Could be many different players.

His points being down is a result of a crappy Columbus team. Just means he’ll likely come cheaper.

Either way with Benning saying he wants more offense in his top 9 I don’t think Dickinson is the answer there.

Edited by DeNiro

36 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Looking at Dickinson's numbers and based on how JB wanna build 3 scoring lines, I don't think he's gonna be our 3C... More like for the 4th energy & shutdown line. 

He’s coming from defensive first team in Dallas.  He could open up a lot more under different coaching. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sedinery 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Benning is going to focus on the D now.  We need a couple RHD.  I feel a Schmidt trade coming...

I think he’s got a lot of things he’s gonna try and do.

Two more top 9 forwards, a backup goalie, and a couple defensemen are probably on that list.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Anyone who says Dickinson is a fourth liner is out to lunch

No one is saying he’s a fourth liner.

Good teams have 3rd liners on their 4th line, that’s how you build depth. See Tampa Bay.

• Hydration 1