The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Hamonic + Hakanpaa please.

(I'd prefer Larsson but sounds like he's staying in EDM and Hamonic will at least cost less)

I'd overpay to get Hakanpaa.  Hamonic I'm less interested in. 

I'm hoping for a Schmidt trade and then opening up a spot on the right side for Cernak...  -_-

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Benning is going to focus on the D now.  We need a couple RHD.  I feel a Schmidt trade coming...

Hope you're right dude!! I wanna see him and his $6M gone!! His mind and heart weren't really in making us a better team... Let's hope we can get something out of him!  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm hoping for a Schmidt trade and then opening up a spot on the right side for Cernak...  -_-

Cernak isn't going anywhere sadly.

I'm trying to be realistic here :lol:

One of Hamonic/Larsson/Savard + one of Hakanpaa or Ceci and one of McCabe, Oleksiak or Edler. Then trade Schmidt for a F.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What do you mean opening up a spot on the right side? There's a gaping hole on the right side. It's kinda the problem. Also if Edler walks I see less value in a Schmidt trade unless it's for another top 4 LD. Unless he really wants out, in which case our defense is really gonna be hurting if Edler leaves and we're forced to move Schmidt.

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

What do you mean opening up a spot on the right side? There's a gaping hole on the right side. It's kinda the problem. Also if Edler walks I see less value in a Schmidt trade unless it's for another top 4 LD. Unless he really wants out, in which case our defense is really gonna be hurting if Edler leaves and we're forced to move Schmidt.

Well if we were to keep Schmidt and get Hakanpaa that takes up the 3 spots on the right side along with Myers.  I don't see Schmidt flipping over to the left side.  I think they will give Juolevi every chance to be a starter in the top 4, or maybe Rathbones takes that from him.  

I do see Benning adding a solid veteran on the left side to replace Edler.  One that can rotate with the kids, Juolevi and Rathbone.

Dickinson was just the start.  Expect alot more activity once the expansion draft is over...

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good move bringing in Shaw, and now acquiring Dickinson, I'm guessing the Canucks will have much improved D play next season. Just need to find that defensive Dman for Hughes now. 

Is this VAN's new 3rd line?

Motte - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Imagine adding Svechkov to the prospect pool as well in 6 days. Another very good defensive player. 

Maybe..

Mac / Highmore - Dickinson - Pod

Mac / Gadj / Highmore - Beags - Motte

Lots of players fighting for the bottom 6. Will see who Seattle takes but it should be some fun.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Cernak isn't going anywhere sadly.

I'm trying to be realistic here :lol:

One of Hamonic/Larsson/Savard + one of Hakanpaa or Ceci and one of McCabe, Oleksiak or Edler. Then trade Schmidt for a F.

I wouldn't mind Hamonic/Larsson/or Savard. I haven't heard much of Hakanpaa. Who does he play for and how old and what's his ceiling? No thanks for Ceci. Oleksiak would be nice

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

He was a big + in bubble and one of the few that were taking care of the kids. I liked most of his penalties in the bubble as they were because he was going after players that took liberties on the younger / smaller players. We need that grit not less.

The NHL can effoff with their sometimes seemingly personal vendetta against the Canucks and “violence”. 

Myers is a freight train gaining in the Chara rep. He’s got some serious nasty to him. Love it. Overworked, he starts making mistakes like 90% of NHL D today. Well surrounded, he is a star.

Please. Benning. Zadorov and And another giant. 

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2