The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

4-5 million range I think unless there is a bidding war for him. Prolly will come down to fit and term.

if he makes it to UFA I put us right up there.

we will offer him:

- sedins to court him

- Top pairing with Quinn Hughes

- Vancouver is a Swedish spot

- fair $ and term 

he should be our number 1 target for this offseason.

then we can trade Schmidt for a winger which should be a lot easier than a swap for a dman 

Forgot to mention doesn't have to live in Edmonton.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I do not expect any of them back now that Dickerson has arrived on the scene. Shame about Graovac; if the rumor is true, as he would have been a good call up when injuries strike.

Yeah, I also feel like Graovac had some severely underrated hands, especially toward the tail end of last year. He could've been a cheap fourth line option.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I do not expect any of them back now that Dickerson has arrived on the scene. Shame about Graovac; if the rumor is true, as he would have been a good call up when injuries strike.

I think he was just about perfect for that role last year.  Don't begrudge him going the Europe route and at least knowing where he'll play for the year though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Never mind Vancouver is a bit nicer of a place to live :lol:

Yeah, should land in that $4-5m range, might be closer to $5 if there's a bidding war.

Then we just need one of Hamonic, Hakanpaa, Jensen, Ceci on the right, and one of Zadorov, Oleksiak, McCabe or Edler on the left to fill out the D, and trade Schmidt for a W'er in the +/- $4-5m range.

Oh and try to sign Broissoit after we move Holtby ::D

We are on the same page! 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of get Tim Schaller vibes from Dickinson. Just feels like it's not enough.

Yeah, no guarantees he performs under Greens' system/tutelage - hopefully, Shaw can deliver.

Wishing him the best; and good chance he will fill the role.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Dallas has been really hard to play against in recent years. They've had good depth and they've also had our number. Dickinson has been part of those hard to play against Stars teams we've faced. 

Good signing. Also think he's a good fit for what Brad Shaw will be bringing in terms of a defensively responsible mindset. 

• Cheers 3