The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of get Tim Schaller vibes from Dickinson. Just feels like it's not enough.

He’s a better player than Schaller. As a defensive forward, he was one of the best in Dallas. Played on a line with Benn. He’s a very solid player in return for a third round pick. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

He’ll give Bo a lot more time to create offense which will

help the team, as Horvat has been hamstrung by the team’s lack of depth at center. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well when you don't know him or have heard of him, those are questions people ask :lol:

True.

But people who followed the Stars in their run last season definitely know him. So he’s not some unknown.

• Cheers 1

I’m gonna try and grab Demko in my fantasy league. 

Canucks are signaling intention on being a defensive focus with offense being a counter attack.

Already got Vasilivesky as a keeper, no issue with Demko as backup. 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nah Dickinson is younger and more talented. Also he can play wing if we drop miller to C at any point. Schallwr honestly wasn’t bad for us tho.

and u are right it’s not enough it’s just the start and we are one of the only teams that actually added a valuable piece using the crunch of the expansion so we should all be happy 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are all wondering that. Most recent report states that the Canucks are still very interested in Hyman so I am wondering what JB is planning if he still wants a top 6 forward. 

Schmidt could very well be traded already.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

What do you expect for a third round pick?  He isn’t going to solve all our problems overnight, but this is a decent trade. He is hard to play against, has a reasonable contract and only has one year left. Slitting him in on the third line and getting time on the PK will free up time and space for JT, and in my opinion more importantly Bo. Having Horvat play matchup duty severely decreases our second lines offensive potential. We need to do more, but this is an inexpensive trade that fills a hole in the roster. If he is terrible the contract is up next year when we have more cap space to work with. 

The problem I have is I base my opinion on what I see. CDC bases their opinion on what they hope. 

You are making it sound like this guy can win face offs or something. He also doesn’t even play like a centre. The only reason he is in there is because he doesn’t give up the middle of the ice. Good defensively but has no idea what to do with the puck. 

this isn’t football guys, you can’t just play defence and you can’t just play offence. He is a 1 dimensional player that will do nothing for offensive chemistry in the bottom 6. This guy isn’t worth a 3rd. With JB’s drafting record a third isn’t nothing. 

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Schaller went undrafted. Dickinson had 78 points in Junior and was a first round pick so I don’t really see the comparison. 

Dickinson was used up the lineup in Dallas in the top 6. He has more potential than just being a defensive forward. I could see him on the wing playing with Petey and Brock on occasion and also playing with BO. 

He’s a guy that can play up and down the lineup. Can even use him in a pure shutdown role on the 4th line. No wonder Dallas fans are pissed at losing him. 

• Upvote 1