The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

46 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

I’m getting hung here cause I don’t like giving up a 3rd for a 0.3ppg centre who can’t win face offs and only has one year left on his contract. It’s cool to be passionate about everything Jim Benning does but I have feelings. 

It is not that. People are not taking you seriously or listening to you because you always say negative. The sky is always falling. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

it's almost like glancing at the hockeydb page of a player you clearly know nothing about isn't going to provide you with enough insight to form an opinion that's worth speaking aloud. 

I’ve watched this player more than anyone running after me with pitchforks. I got banned when we signed Ferland because I was the only one disgusted that we signed a guy with an eggshell surrounding his brain. got absolutely bombed, just like this. 

sometimes CDC is a little unrealistically positive. Believe it or not, opinions against the consensus are valid sometimes. 

Edited by Convincing John
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

People need to calm down and also not over hype this trade.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a win cuz we get a good cheap defensive young forward that can play now vs a 3rd round draft pick that may or may not make it in the NHL.

Not sure if he's a 3C but at least a 4C (Cuz Beagle may still be on LTIR).  For sure a bottom 6F.

JB is not finished yet.  Some more moves need to be made.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because you refuse to see the bigger picture in his game. He's here to be the #3 centre and replace Sutter. We're not bringing him in to win the Art Ross Trophy. 

Now if he's good enough to win the Selke Trophy that would be amazing. The Canucks need a shutdown centre. That is what Benning got. I just want a reliable defensive minded forward. If he scores some clutch assists or goals so much the better. If he get's 10-20 points and helps cut down Vancouver's shots and goals against then Benning has done his job. CDC is giving you the rope, you choose to hang your self with it, or just play tug o war. 

Dickinson takes on the 3C, which is all you point out.  Plus, he frees up Miller to play back up with Petey, and that’s huge for our top line.  So really this trade, on top of getting a checking centre, helps put players (like Miller) back where they most help the team.  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Convincing John said:

I’m getting hung here cause I don’t like giving up a 3rd for a 0.3ppg centre who can’t win face offs and only has one year left on his contract. It’s cool to be passionate about everything Jim Benning does but I have feelings. 

More often than not people's feelings are hurt on CDC. It seems like that empathy is a trait not many of the users here have. With this said, I can fully understand that you are a little bit frustrated. I feel with you.

You know what? I am reading a book with the title "The subtle art of not giving a fxck". I recommend that you buy this book and not only read it but also incorporate some of the advice in your daily habits.

Wish you well. Hope you have a great day ahead of you, Bro.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

People need to calm down and also not over hype this trade.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a win cuz we get a good cheap defensive young forward that can play now vs a 3rd round draft pick that may or may not make it in the NHL.

Not sure if he's a 3C but at least a 4C (Cuz Beagle may still be on LTIR).  For sure a bottom 6F.

JB is not finished yet.  Some more moves need to be made.

Finally, someone with common sense prevails.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

As long as we’re not trading the 9OA for Reinhart

No thanks 

no other way to get him likely. If the top d are gone as well as MacTavish I'm good with it, as long as its the 9th + salary retention so we can go out and improve the right side d. 

As it has stood for a while, Bo has been the only centre to put out in tough matchups and to hold a lead, plus all the face off duties. 
This puts us a step closer to putting together a shutdown line which is something Benning has tried to do for a long, long time. He brought in Sutter, that didn’t work, he brought in Beagle with mixed results. 
In the NHL now, you need three lines providing offence but can have one for pure shutdown role. This is a player that moves us closer to having a shutdown line. Face off struggles is a concern and we probably still need another player in a similar role if any of the millions and millions and millions of dollars of vets we signed to fill that role continue to struggle. If Beagle is back you could probably build a better shutdown line around him with Dickinson on wing. Not sure who is on other side, not where I would want Podz. This would still leaves a hole for that third offense generating centre.  But at least closing in on a better balanced forward group. 
Filling the bottom six defensive roles and defensive minded d-men is where Benning drafting and developing has really fallen down. After 7 years would expect these types of jobs to have some internal promotion candidates, not having to still pay inflated rates for role players. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

It is not that. People are not taking you seriously or listening to you because you always say negative. The sky is always falling. 

Don't even listen to that tool. He's lying. He's done this to me before and outright admitted he's a loser who does this crap on purpose. Total goof. No idea how he isn't banned.

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because you refuse to see the bigger picture in his game. He's here to be the #3 centre and replace Sutter. We're not bringing him in to win the Art Ross Trophy. 

Now if he's good enough to win the Selke Trophy that would be amazing. The Canucks need a shutdown centre. That is what Benning got. I just want a reliable defensive minded forward. If he scores some clutch assists or goals so much the better. If he get's 10-20 points and helps cut down Vancouver's shots and goals against then Benning has done his job. CDC is giving you the rope, you choose to hang your self with it, or just play tug o war. 

This is a perfect example of the over hype I’m talking about. He is barely a centre man. He is under contract for 1 year. I don’t understand how everyone just dismissed that detail. I don’t even care that much it’s just this overhype is nauseous. Seriously everyone, this isn’t “The 3rd line C” we’ve been looking for. We need a 3C that can take the defensive zone draws away from Horvat.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1