The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

• aGENT changed the title to [Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.
1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

People saying "who?" as if they're owning JB are actually just showing they don't really pay attention to the league. This is a useful player and a nice change from JB flipping 2nds for unsuccessful projects. 

Has size. Does he play a physical game?

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I genuinely have no idea who Dickinson is.

Google makes it seem like an OK deal.  Not sure he is a huge upgrade on a guy like Boyd… but maybe worth a shot.

A 3rd round pick isn’t too big a price to be paid for an every day bottom end player.

He's a decent size and a good skater IIRC. Not a burner but a good skater. Adds a little size and speed to the bottom 6. A former first rounder so I imagine he'd have at least adequate puck skills. I can't say I've watched him a ton these last couple years he's been a full time NHL'er but this seems to upgrade our bottom 6 with a good cap hit ($1.5M)

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

So we gave up a 3rd round pick and now have to expose kole Lind? Not a fan at this moment but I'm not familiar with the kid.

I was hoping they would upgrade a forward to bump Lind, this is a good move absolutely. Dickinson can play up and down the lineup as well. He is very strong and a pretty good skater. Nice add.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2