The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

Love that trade. Dickinson was a big part of the Stars' Finals run in the bubble. Don't let the -7 fool you, he was huge for Khudobin. I'm confident that his offense and faceoffs will improve with the Canucks. I bet we will resign him, as he's going into his prime.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Unpopular opinion: 

but I’d like to see Dickenson on the wing with beagle on the 4th line. This way you could play your 4th line against anyone at times and win a key faceoff. Dickenson played center and wing in Dallas and Vancouver could use him at center if we get an injury. The Canucks have badly needed upgrades to their bottom 6 the following lines would accomplish this:

trade/UFA Petterson Boeser

trade/UFA Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Miller Podz

Motte Beagle Dickenson 

highmore 

cap space would be an issue to fill those top two line spots and our defense. in addition to buying out Virtanen, the Canucks would need to deal Schmidt and possibly Roussel with a sweetener. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Well if I am being honest I couldn't remember if it was Lind or Linde.

I was 97% sure it was Lind but my phone wants to do "Linden" and I was too lazy to confirm.

Love it. 

9 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Unpopular opinion: 

but I’d like to see Dickenson on the wing with beagle on the 4th line. This way you could play your 4th line against anyone at times and win a key faceoff. Dickenson played center and wing in Dallas and Vancouver could use him at center if we get an injury. The Canucks have badly needed upgrades to their bottom 6 the following lines would accomplish this:

trade/UFA Petterson Boeser

trade/UFA Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Miller Podz

Motte Beagle Dickenson 

highmore 

cap space would be an issue to fill those top two line spots and our defense. in addition to buying out Virtanen, the Canucks would need to deal Schmidt and possibly Roussel with a sweetener. 

The Pearson - Miller - Podkolzin line becomes the #1 line.

Check it.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Definitely 3 lines that can score and a very good checking line. 

Gonna be close to this I suppose…

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

PEARSON - DICKINSON - MOTTE

HIGHMORE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Gonna be close to this I suppose…

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

PEARSON - DICKINSON - MOTTE

HIGHMORE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Probly, just saying what I’d like to see but seems to be a lot of talk from Rick dhaliwal and others of the Canucks acquiring at least 1 more forward. 

9 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Probly, just saying what I’d like to see but seems to be a lot of talk from Rick dhaliwal and others of the Canucks acquiring at least 1 more forward. 

Apparently they’re very agressive yes…

Good news. It’s good to be in the middle of everything. Means our GM is at the table.

Expecting another flurry of trades between the ED and the ED lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pearson, Dickinson and Motte on a line together might be one of the best 3rd lines in the league. Of course to do that we'd need a proper 2nd line winger to play with Bo and Hoglander, might come via trade/UFA (there's lots of speculation out there but IMO we need to focus more on defence instead of getting carried away with this Garland/Hyman chat), but Podz would be an interesting player depending on where he is in terms of his development. 

If he's pretty sound defensively he could add some real physical edge to that line. We know Motte has a nice scoring touch too so you never know if the 3 of them get up ice together on an odd man rush we might see some nice counter attacking goals from them too.

This is where Pearson's value comes in - he can play in our top 6 and contribute 15-20 goals, but as he gets older I think he'll end up playing with Dickinson loads as a nice shutdown unit.

If Höglander got the job, Podkolzin gets the job.

But I think that getting another Russian on the roster could do wonders for this young man.

Hopefully Zadorov doesn’t get picked by Seattle and a deal can be had with Chicago.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Next move I'm expecting is an extension to either Pettersson or Hughes. Can see them both done before free agency begins 

I'm hoping he locks up petty asap... he is eligible to be offer sheeted and Montreal might have a load of cap space.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Rumour has it Benning is looking at making a deal with Seattle for them to select Bjugstad and then trade for him.

Pearson Bjugstad Podkolzin

Motte Beagle Dickinson

That would be such a great add.  Always liked Bjugstad but not sure about his defensive game.  Where'd you hear that rumour, DeNiro?

58 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

That would be such a great add.  Always liked Bjugstad but not sure about his defensive game.  Where'd you hear that rumour, DeNiro?

Dhaliwal mentioned it on his show in the same clip where he talks about us going after Garland.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

13 hours ago, Nave said:

Love that trade. Dickinson was a big part of the Stars' Finals run in the bubble. Don't let the -7 fool you, he was huge for Khudobin. I'm confident that his offense and faceoffs will improve with the Canucks. I bet we will resign him, as he's going into his prime.

I think a 2 or 3 year deal at around 2 million per year would be fair enough.

• Cheers 1