The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Barclay Goodrow to Rangers for 2022 7th-round pick

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Isnt he a LW? His highest goal total in a season is 8. Meh sounds like a old jim signing. New jim is much better

he's a C/LW. He's pretty decent on face offs. Would be a great fit with Dickinson and Podz. Ah well. 

4 hours ago, awalk said:

This is the time of the year when GMs lose their minds.

It’s absolutely true. But this guy was traded for a seventh round pick. So don’t think there’s any loss there. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

It’s absolutely true. But this guy was traded for a seventh round pick. So don’t think there’s any loss there. 

Talking about the contract NYR is reportedly giving him.

Yes, 7th for the rights to negotiate with a pending UFA is fairly standard.

1 minute ago, awalk said:

Talking about the contract NYR is reportedly giving him.

Yes, 7th for the rights to negotiate with a pending UFA is fairly standard.

Ah the contract. What’s the rumor around that? 3 million for this guy? 

5 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Least effective guy on that 3rd line meh 

07571A2E-27FD-4C1E-B1C6-945C9BC7A606.jpeg

I’ve looked into these WAR stats only a little bit and it doesn’t really seem too convincing. I much rather go by the old school stats like goals, assists, plus/minus and time on ice.

Edited by grandmaster

6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Wow makes pearsons contract look a lot better now

Pearson's contract never looked bad if you weren't a reactionary yahoo about it.

But yeah... 6 years :sick:

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Least effective guy on that 3rd line meh 

07571A2E-27FD-4C1E-B1C6-945C9BC7A606.jpeg

Goodrow is actually better than Coleman. Hes logged a ton of minutes for the Lightning's cup run some times even more than names like Stamkos lol. 

Of course this could turn out to be a horrible 6 x 3.6mil contract. But this looks like his payday. 

28 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I’ve looked into these WAR stats only a little bit and it doesn’t really seem too convincing. I much rather go by the old school stats like goals, assists, plus/minus and time on ice.

do you understand how they are calculated?

the more complicated stats WAR Xoff and Xdef.

WAR is a complicated mix of stats that is not perfect, basically all of them and they are assigned values to match the previous 5 seasons and what made up a good player. They are averages and they can be and are flawed. But you can compare WAR to linemates for very comparable results. otherwise it can be wishy washy. But if your in a hurry, just compare two players war and results should be considerably close

alot of the stats are pretty simple like EV offense PP and EV Defense, PK is basically TOI * Goals/60 (x defense contains hits, block shots, faceoffs, turnovers and converts them into expected defense (again based off previuous 5 seasons)

finishing is the difference between the worst and best player (and how they rank) at scoring certain shots from specific distances and angles

penalty is the difference between penalties taken and drawn broken down into colors red bad, blue good. 3% red means he takes 3% more penalties than drawn.

qoc: how good are your linemates? measured in war

Qot: how good is you opponents?

all the stats are simple except for WAR and the expected stats.

If i Went to NHL.com I could recreate these stats but it would take me an hour to make