The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

3 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah, hopefully (if they select Lind) they waive him during pre-season and we can take him back for free.

We would have to keep him on our NHL roster then tho no? Can't see us doing that if the GM and Coach didn't feel confident enough in protecting him from Sea if they felt he was gonna get lost on waivers in the fall when we tried to sneak him to Abbotsford

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

We would have to keep him on our NHL roster then tho no? Can't see us doing that if the GM and Coach didn't feel confident enough in protecting him from Sea if they felt he was gonna get lost on waivers in the fall when we tried to sneak him to Abbotsford

Yes, have to keep him in the NHL at that point. Well, you only get to protect 7 forwards and usually have 14 on the NHL roster. So there have to be some that management thinks are NHL caliber, but not worth protecting.

3 minutes ago, babalu said:

Doesn't sound like Seattle is taking holtby

this list is a bit surprising, they aren't selecting a true stater, or at least one thats been a full time starter. 

I thought there would be at least one veteran goalie pick here, but maybe they'll look for that in free agency. 

Just now, Dazzle said:

Losing Kole Lind sucks, but.. not a huge loss. I don't think he makes the Kraken roster, which means the Canucks could reclaim him if need be.

lind will be waived, and he will clear. there isn't an nhl roster he's good enough to be on. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Losing Kole Lind sucks, but.. not a huge loss. I don't think he makes the Kraken roster, which means the Canucks could reclaim him if need be.

We should trade a 2nd round pick for him! Lol

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, babalu said:

If they are taking Lind, it was hard to see exactly where he was fitting in our lineup next season and we would risk losing him on waivers in sending him to Abbotsford. 

I'm not sure that he actually makes the Kraken out of camp either...

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If they are taking Lind, it was hard to see exactly where he was fitting in our lineup next season and we would risk losing him on waivers in sending him to Abbotsford. 

Yeah, this is a really bad pick by Seattle, objectively speaking. If I were Seattle, I'd want someone who I could use on the roster. I'm not convinced that Lind will make their roster.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Kraken gonna load up on cheap players and either play them and  do a bit of a tank for another high draft pick next off season? Was speculated by many they wouldn't try to be ultra competitive when they constructed a fairly inexperienced NHL coaching staff. Be interesting to see how Misfits 2.0 does starting in October!

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, this is a really bad pick by Seattle, objectively speaking. If I were Seattle, I'd want someone who I could use on the roster. I'm not convinced that Lind will make their roster.

I mean there's only so many roster spots on the team though after picking up 30 players from expansion draft + whatever UFA pick ups they do. Lind seems like a reasonable candidate to make it through waivers that still has future potential. Even for us, it was going to be tough for him not to get waived and our forward depth will be worse than Seattle. We usually only keep 13 forwards:

Miller Pete Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hoglander

Roussel Dickinson Podkolzin

Motte Beagle Highmore

Macewan

Macewan is maybe the only player he beats out for us. Hopefully we can pick him back up on waivers. Also, Gadjovich is waiver eligible, we may need him to be our 13th forward or fear losing him on waivers.

Edited by AK_19
  • Cheers 1