The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

IMO this was a move done precursor to Lind coming back tmrw with Holtby going to the Kraken with some salary retained and maybe a pick. I can understand if Lind was a part time NHLer and shown some potential of scoring ability, (lets just say 50gp 5 goals 10 Assists) but he hasnt, he's played like 7 games and was just an OK player. I just feel some of the players picked by the Kraken today are just placeholders for the real team coming tmrw with all the side deals which will probably include maybe a high salary player or 2

That's what everyone thought about Vegas too. 

Honestly, the Kraken already have a better defense than the Nucks.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

They just introduced Gio to their city.  They had him there, and in a Kraken uni.  Zero chance they now trade him.  

Less chance for sure but not zero yet imo.

I personally think he was a good selection that they should keep. They have tons of cap space and he was basically one of the only exceptions they made to take a big cap older player.

51 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I find it funny how many here we're so high on Lind and now he got picked by Seattle he was no big loss and replaceable 

It's Gaudette 2.0 :P

hoping Gadj pans out too to be a nhler, need some one with his size and net front presence, sucks linds gone didnt look too bad while up but i liked the way lockwood looked while up as well.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I find it funny how many here we're so high on Lind and now he got picked by Seattle he was no big loss and replaceable 

Just a year ago, people were pencilling in Lind on the roster, and writing off Gadjovich LOL my has that changed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

hoping Gadj pans out too to be a nhler, need some one with his size and net front presence, sucks linds gone didnt look too bad while up but i liked the way lockwood looked while up as well.

We coudlve kept Lind had we not signed Pearson during the season which was completely unnecessary, but hey, leave it to our GM to make stupid decisions

6 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

That's what everyone thought about Vegas too. 

Honestly, the Kraken already have a better defense than the Nucks.

Yup I agree. Their forwards are underwhelming but they have some depth in the back end. Really suprised they didn't take Jake Bean

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

We coudlve kept Lind had we not signed Pearson during the season which was completely unnecessary, but hey, leave it to our GM to make stupid decisions

Yeah, could had left Myers unprotected too cause (good chance) he was going anywhere since Francis had already mentioned that cap space is his first priority. 

20 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I make no apologies, lol.

When they’re Canucks prospects, I’m one of the biggest boosters around here. When they move on to another team, I wish them well, but they’re pretty much out of sight, out of mind.

Same goes for NHL players. I’ll say a player is “trash,” but if he becomes a Canuck, I try to cast him in the best light and be positive. If he moves to another team, the kid gloves come off, and he’s “trash” again. 

That all said, the fanbase did Gaudette (and his wife) pretty dirty and that part definitely wasn’t cool with me. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I make no apologies, lol.

When they’re Canucks prospects, I’m one of the biggest boosters around here. When they move on to another team, I wish them well, but they’re pretty much out of sight, out of mind.

Same goes for NHL players. I’ll say a player is “trash,” but if he becomes a Canuck, I try to cast him in the best light and be positive. If he moves to another team, the kid gloves come off, and he’s “trash” again. 

That all said, the fanbase did Gaudette (and his wife) pretty dirty and that part definitely wasn’t cool with me. 

Yeah, when you travel - it becomes noticeable the differences in the culture of each cities.   Just like AG: JV is done in Vancouver due to the stigma of his allegation(s); PR department will be making another roster decision.