The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

2 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

So they take Lind we are now stuck with holtby n Schmidt’s cap and got nothing out of good prospect for chesp

Except there is interest in Holtby and we don’t even want to get rid of Schmidt. 

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

So they take Lind we are now stuck with holtby n Schmidt’s cap and got nothing out of good prospect for chesp

Guess what, 30 other teams will be in the same boat. 

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There will be better prospects left exposed than Lind.

Holtby is Seattle’s best value from us, but it depends how quickly they wanna be a contender.

Isn't Lind waiver eligible as well? He might lose some of his appeal if Seattle knows there's significant risk in them losing him for nothing.

• Cheers 3

Regardless if we lose Lind Gad or Mac Seattle is getting a solid young player that still has potential.

inevitable we weren’t going to be able to protect all our younger assets so it is what it is. 

the Pearson signing is still a Weird one for me rather protect another youth he (Pearson) was replaceable 

Fingers crossed  they take holtby. 

Edited by combover

10 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I'd give up a pick or 2 for Seattle to take Holtby. If he plays for them, it's free points for us. 

Thats stupid because we can get rid of boat anchor eriksson with that pick or 2 who has higher cap hit than Holtby. Seattle will get Holtby withot any added assets.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

The rumour is salary retention. I don't know if they want a late pick or a prospect as well.

I would rather they make a list and take the loss and move on. Every team is losing a player.

so we retain on Holtby, give prospects and picks and still look for a backup goalie that will end up basically at similar cap hit as Holtby while giving up assets and no change in cap. I mean what would be the point? 

10 hours ago, coryberg said:

There will be a dozen nhl backups for grabs in free agency 

yeah but they wont be playing for free. Holtby at 4 mil is not some huge anchor like eriksson at 6 mil. A reliable backup in free agency will also cost 3 mil or more minimum, not like we will save 4 million. I doubt you can find a 1 million dollar goalie in free agency that is as reliable as Holtby or as experienced.

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

so we retain on Holtby, give prospects and picks and still look for a backup goalie that will end up basically at similar cap hit as Holtby while giving up assets and no change in cap. I mean what would be the point? 

Yeah would be silly and well….stupid lol

if we given up pics to get rid of a someone its loui. At least holtby can still play as a backup and is a good dude as well.

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

yeah but they wont be playing for free. Holtby at 4 mil is not some huge anchor like eriksson at 6 mil. A reliable backup in free agency will also cost 3 mil or more minimum, not like we will save 4 million. I doubt you can find a 1 million dollar goalie in free agency that is as reliable as Holtby or as experienced.

lol i'm sure u can find a 1million dollar goalie that's as reliable as the holtby we had lol 3.67GAA? save% under .900? 

I doubt Seattle will use us to fill their AHL roster when they could pick Holtby. Drieger is far from a starting goalie but could have a nice mentor/mentee relationship with Holtby. They would be stupid to take Price at 10M who has only been playing .500 hockey the last two seasons with a save % of 0.901 last year.

I do wonder about Gadjovic though and who else we may need to expose but Holtby is by far the BPA from us. 

If we lose Lind though, we trade Holtby to a team (for example Chicago), may retain some cap if it's a cap-tight team, but could get a decent player back (for example, Zadorov) so at the end of the day it's Lind + Holtby for Zadorov + expansion loss = not bad.