The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Dickinson | #18 | C

-AJ-

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ever since we drafted Podkolzin, I've thought that PODKOLZIN #92  would look amazing in the black skate jersey.  Menacing.

Yes have jersey already waiting for announcement on number..

Podkolzin - 20,  6'2, 210, power forward, fan favourite..GP 75 -- G 18- 20  PTS 37--41

Just the style of player Canucks need...

18 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I always thought it would be Podkolzin who might wear that cursed #11, it should never be worn again imo...

Get your Podkolzin jersey #92....

On 8/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Could also argue #38 Pavol Demitra  RIP

Could argue that but hard now as it’s been recycled 2-3 times since Pavol wore it.  I think it’s an easier case with Ripper and Bourdon as they were both playing/signed with Canucks at the time of their unfortunate deaths.  RIP RR and LB 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Could argue that but hard now as it’s been recycled 2-3 times since Pavol wore it.  I think it’s an easier case with Ripper and Bourdon as they were both playing/signed with Canucks at the time of their unfortunate deaths.  RIP RR and LB 

Hadn't Ripper signed with the Jets just before?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind some sort of ceremony and then the bringing of the numbers back into circulation. It feels weird to have a sort of unspoken, unofficial understanding of retired numbers. Either make it official or don't retire/restrict them at all.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

I agree, other than Ripper was in the Winnipeg Jets system when he passed.

• Cheers 1

... just signed to a three year deal according to TSN.  AAV $2.65 million.  That works for me.  I hope he's as good as people are saying.  Things are shaping up nicely.  GCG!

Edited by nux_win
added details
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

... just signed to a three year deal according to TSN.  AAV $2.65 million.  That works for me.  I hope he's as good as people are saying.  Things are shaping up nicely.  GCG!

Now the amount of money left for Petey and Huggy is pretty clear (including the ltir $), so hopefully those deals are done soon.

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Sorry to say, but yes.  Somehow we let him go.

If I recall right Rypien had needed a lot of time off during the seasson and Gillis wanted him to take a year off and seek professional  treatment. Really really sad. You'd have thought the NHLPA would have been more into the treatment, but heck maybe theyr were

• Cheers 1

• -AJ- changed the title to Jason Dickinson | #18 | C
1 hour ago, Googlie said:

On today's 650 People's show, Dickinson confirmed ...

He'll wear #18

His nickname is Dicky

Favorite chip is Ms Vicky's Original

Has a German Shephard, name is Lola

Prefers playing Center, but likes the different challenges of playing wing from time to time 

Always sets goals, but tweaks them during the season... for coming season, double digit goals and 20+ points

Will arrive in Vancouver (from Ontario) around labor day

Some good info there... did you... "Googlie" that information? :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

On today's 650 People's show, Dickinson confirmed ...

He'll wear #18

His nickname is Dicky

Favorite chip is Ms Vicky's Original

Has a German Shephard, name is Lola

Prefers playing Center, but likes the different challenges of playing wing from time to time 

Always sets goals, but tweaks them during the season... for coming season, double digit goals and 20+ points

Will arrive in Vancouver (from Ontario) around labor day

That's a nice change from the previous #18s we had... I have no doubt Dickinson will flourish under Green and this team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:09 AM, Fred65 said:

If I recall right Rypien had needed a lot of time off during the seasson and Gillis wanted him to take a year off and seek professional  treatment. Really really sad. You'd have thought the NHLPA would have been more into the treatment, but heck maybe theyr were

Unfortunate about the events leading to Rypien, but if true, Gillis deserves some credit for recognizing that Rypien needed help. I'm sure it must have been gut-wrenching to his teammates, including Burrows, that their friend was suffering so much. For all the faults Gillis had as a manager, I think he really cared about his players/clients.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1