The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Vladimir Tarasenko left exposed

25 minutes ago, rekker said:

I thought word is he's ready to go for puck drop? 

well... I guess it depends on how much you value the reports. I'd be worried. If I were Seattles GM and looking to take on one big salary, I'd go Price. 

16 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Blues replace Pieterangelo with Krug and Faulk then they lose Tarasenko for nothing but cap space. Show's you what's at a premium it is nowadays. Cap space is gold right now and the Kraken will be stacked. 3 years from now they'll be whooping our rear-ends in front of everyone. 

Years? I think you mean months 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

It would be interesting to see if Seattle plans on. weaponizong their cap space like that.

They could trade him at 50% retained to a contender and probably get a serious asset back..

I think they have to now with all the trades that happened

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Kraken take him and keep him.  They still need to hit the floor.

And among all these great names I see out there available on D, goalies, quality grinders. I don't see a lot of just quality goal scoring, sniper types. Need to score too. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

And among all these great names I see out there available on D, goalies, quality grinders. I don't see a lot of just quality goal scoring, sniper types. Need to score too. 

Same issue with Vegas.  Really good team of solid players, but still (even now) struggle to score in tight playoff hockey.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Same issue with Vegas.  Really good team of solid players, but still (even now) struggle to score in tight playoff hockey.  

Yip. And Vegas centre depth is crap. I don't see a lot of quality centres for Seattle out there. Yanni Gourde maybe the best? R Johanson? Doubt they touch RJ's horrid contract and sub par efforts though. 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, rekker said:

Yip. And Vegas centre depth is crap. I don't see a lot of quality centres for Seattle out there. Yanni Gourde maybe the best? R Johanson? Doubt they touch RJ's horrid contract and sub par efforts though. 

They'll take Jarnkrok from Nashville.

Looks like he is healed up 100%. If I were Seattle I would definitely pick him and keep him.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2188000

The doctor who performed Vladimir Tarasenko's most recent surgery is certain that shoulder issues won't hold the disgruntled St. Louis Blues sniper back next season.

"Vlad's shoulder is very stable and strong," Dr. Peter Millett told The Athletic's Jeremy Rutherford. "He told me it is more stable and stronger than it has felt in a long while. To me, it feels rock solid. There is no doubt Vlad will be 100% ready for the upcoming season. I am confident he will be ready to play and that he will make a big impact for his team."

Tarasenko, 29, recently requested a trade out of St. Louis, where he's spent his entire nine-year NHL career. He's reportedlyupset by the Blues' handling of his first two shoulder operations and no longer trusts the organization. Team physicians oversaw Tarasenko's surgeries in 2018 and 2019, but he chose Millett to repair ligament damage in 2020.

The Blues left Tarasenko exposed for Wednesday's Seattle Kraken expansion draft. The NHL's 32nd franchise could select the star winger to play in its top six or flip him to another team for assets.

Tarasenko has only played 34 regular-season games over the past two years. He was one of the league's top scorers before being hampered by injuries, eclipsing the 30-goal mark in five consecutive seasons from 2014-19.

Just now, grandmaster said:

Looks like he is healed up 100%. If I were Seattle I would definitely pick him and keep him.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2188000

The doctor who performed Vladimir Tarasenko's most recent surgery is certain that shoulder issues won't hold the disgruntled St. Louis Blues sniper back next season.

"Vlad's shoulder is very stable and strong," Dr. Peter Millett told The Athletic's Jeremy Rutherford. "He told me it is more stable and stronger than it has felt in a long while. To me, it feels rock solid. There is no doubt Vlad will be 100% ready for the upcoming season. I am confident he will be ready to play and that he will make a big impact for his team."

Tarasenko, 29, recently requested a trade out of St. Louis, where he's spent his entire nine-year NHL career. He's reportedlyupset by the Blues' handling of his first two shoulder operations and no longer trusts the organization. Team physicians oversaw Tarasenko's surgeries in 2018 and 2019, but he chose Millett to repair ligament damage in 2020.

The Blues left Tarasenko exposed for Wednesday's Seattle Kraken expansion draft. The NHL's 32nd franchise could select the star winger to play in its top six or flip him to another team for assets.

Tarasenko has only played 34 regular-season games over the past two years. He was one of the league's top scorers before being hampered by injuries, eclipsing the 30-goal mark in five consecutive seasons from 2014-19.

I've heard this before. I dont think he has it anymore. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

So would St Louis accept a 2nd rounder or something small for Vladdy to not have him go through expansion?  That would be epic mentor for Podz.

Sure would be, not just for Podz but the whole team. This guy is well worth his 7.5M Cap hit. Far more bang for your buck than Eichel would ever be. 

I could see our PP being tops in the NHL with Vlad on the team.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I mean if the cost is low then we could see a F lineup like this:

Hoglander Pettersson Tarasenko

Pearson Miller Boeser 

Highmore Horvat Podkolzin

Motte Dickinson Lind

Dare to dream my friend. JB needs to do a lot of work for this to happen. As much as I would love that, I don’t see him capable of pulling this off.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Dare to dream my friend. JB needs to do a lot of work for this to happen. As much as I would love that, I don’t see him capable of pulling this off.

Completely agree.  I think JB could pull this off but not the cascading moves like moving out Schmidt etc.  I already feel like his desire to make bold moves will come up drastically short.

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

So would St Louis accept a 2nd rounder or something small for Vladdy to not have him go through expansion?  That would be epic mentor for Podz.

What does St Louis have to do with it?

Seattle will most likely be taking Tarasenko. You’d have to pay them to get him and they’re gonna charge a lot.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

What does St Louis have to do with it?

Seattle will most likely be taking Tarasenko. You’d have to pay them to get him and they’re gonna charge a lot.

I likely missed the details of it but are trades frozen since the expansion lists were shared? I assumed trades were possible up until the draft hence St Louis getting something instead of nothing for Tarasenko.

Now if they lose Tarasenko for something AND somebody to Seattle that may not be ideal either.