The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Vladimir Tarasenko left exposed

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I likely missed the details of it but are trades frozen since the expansion lists were shared? I assumed trades were possible up until the draft hence St Louis getting something instead of nothing for Tarasenko.

Now if they lose Tarasenko for something AND somebody to Seattle that may not be ideal either.

No all trades are frozen that’s what the deadline was all about.

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Completely missed that.  At this point if I was Seattle I would make Tarasenko part of my core anyways.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I read somewhere that trades involving seattle are still a go. can anyone confirm/deny?

1 minute ago, tas said:

I read somewhere that trades involving seattle are still a go. can anyone confirm/deny?

Teams can negotiate trades with Seattle yes.

Theres offers going on now to get them to take certain players.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Teams can negotiate trades with Seattle yes.

Theres offers going on now to get them to take certain players.

yeah, after reading about it, seattle is free to sign players and make trades that will be finalized after the freeze. 

Just now, tas said:

I think its more like a back room deal thing and things are agreed upon and then after the roster freeze guys will get shuffled around. Sorts like a “If you dont take this guy, I’ll give you that guy” sorta thing

People don't understand that the Blues stand to gain a lot from letting Tarasenko go. The loss of offense hurts, yes, but they're also gaining $7.5 Million in cap space. The Blues would get something back for Tarasenko, yes, but they'd have to take money back. Think of this as akin to Subban from Nashville to New Jersey, Nashville doesn't get a lot back but the Devils eat the whole contract. Turned out to be a great move and if a Stanley-cup winning GM decides that this is the best move, I think it is. This isn't the environment to get two 2nds back for a contract like Tarasenko's, so instead the Blues are taking the cap space.

If the Kraken agree to retain 1/3 of that Tarasenko contract, all of a sudden that becomes a value contract and teams will be lining up to take him. Toronto has Amirov, Ottawa has multiple guys, the Capitals could do it if they tried and they're loaded with Russians while the Kings are looking for help on the wings. Than there's wild cards like Vancouver, Calgary, Florida, Colorado and more. 

What if this is the beginning of a big rebuild by the Blues, which I feel may be catalyzed by losing Pietrangelo and Tarasenko. Obviously, Jordan Kyrou can replace Tarasenko and I think Klim Kostin could also step in and make an impact. Perunovich is coming, but it makes sense to trade him with two small guys in Krug and Faulk manning their backend. They've also got to re-sign Vince Dunn, Zachary Sanford, Ivan Barbashev and Robert Thomas and I think that takes priority long-term over keeping a 29-year-old superstar who would be better off elsewhere. They've got a high draft pick this year, draft picks are at a premium and teams are shedding contracts. It's an exciting time if you've got cap space, look at Detroit, look at Seattle, look at Buffalo and look at what we could've been with sensible cap management. 

2 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

If we have an opportunity at Tarasenko we should definitely exploit it! This guy could be exactly what Horvat needs needs for his line! Imagine that! 

Boeser

Garland

Podkolzin

…Think we’re set at RW. Don’t need to be spending that kind of money to add to that position.

• Hydration 1
4 hours ago, D-Money said:

Boeser

Garland

Podkolzin

…Think we’re set at RW. Don’t need to be spending that kind of money to add to that position.

That’s actually pretty good depth compared to just Tarasenko. Rather would have Boeser, Garland and Podkolzin. 

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

Boeser

Garland

Podkolzin

Just think about it... we the have assets to acquire this guy. We can make it happen.

1. miller, pettersson, boeser

2. Hoglander/podkolzin, horvat, tarasenko

3. podz/hog, Dickson, garland

4. Vesey, mackewin, motte

1. hughes, myers

2. Oel, hominic

3. juolevi , bowey

Demko

8 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Just think about it... we the have assets to acquire this guy. We can make it happen.

1. miller, pettersson, boeser

2. Hoglander/podkolzin, horvat, tarasenko

3. podz/hog, Dickson, garland

4. Vesey, mackewin, motte

1. hughes, myers

2. Oel, hominic

3. juolevi , bowey

Demko

With Bowey on the 3rd pair it's pretty obvious that RD is a much bigger need than acquiring Tarasenko.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boziffous said:

With Bowey on the 3rd pair it's pretty obvious that RD is a much bigger need than acquiring Tarasenko.

We can acquire through free agency at a sales price tag. Underrated high end talent. Lots free agents defensemen out there;) 

Edited by KnuckleHead16