The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Carey Price waives NMC for expansion draft

5 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'd take Price. That's a good business deal 

My guess is that the Kraken didn't think Price would be available. My guess is there are lots of intense talks going on right now with Kraken management. Would love to be a fly on the wall. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

My guess is that the Kraken didn't think Price would be available. My guess is there are lots of intense talks going on right now with Kraken management. Would love to be a fly on the wall. 

Yea I mean the owner has to step in too I think?  Would be fun.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Im Edmonton Im asking Careys agent if he'd waive to come play with McDavid. 

Seattle could demand a 1st and Bouchard out of it.

And if I was Carey and my agent asked me if I wanted to go to Edmonton I'd have a new agent.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

If you see a guy with food in his teeth, hair mussed up, buttons buttoned wrong, fly undone and a piece of tissue stuck to his shoe, do you tell him?

I mistook Price for Weber and made several posts in that vein and no-one said a thing. Thanks guys.

Did any of you snicker about it. I had a good chuckle when I noticed.

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah but didn't PIT want Vegas to take him? I feel like the Habs are playing a very dangerous game here.

Or maybe they realize they would rather get rid of Price's cap hit 

A good GM recognizes when things are getting stale and Price in MTL seems to be at this stage; and the move to Vegas, by MAF seems to had reinvigorated him - probably worth it for Seattle ?

Prices' cap hit is quite significant for a five more years and if it doesn't work out it will be a very expensive mistake.  For awhile now, Price has been underperforming the contract and his playoff was really a surprise (from my POV); perhaps, he just needs a change of scenery (?).

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

If you see a guy with food in his teeth, hair mussed up, buttons buttoned wrong, fly undone and a piece of tissue stuck to his shoe, do you tell him?

I mistook Price for Weber and made several posts in that vein and no-one said a thing. Thanks guys.

Did any of you snicker about it. I had a good chuckle when I noticed.

Nah....he sounds like a lost cause!:lol:

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the only thing that makes sense to me is Montreal has some kind of expensive side deal in place with Seattle. Otherwise this is a terrible move. 

Think about it for a sec…MTL just went to the cup final on the backs of some very, very expensive contracts. With Weber likely down and out, Danault asking for the moon, Drouin MIA, and now Price potentially out the door I think Bergevin saw the writing on the wall that it’s now or never to use allllll that cap and rebuild/retool on the fly. I don’t think he has much of a choice tbh. Better to jettison $$$, replace with younger, better contracts if possible, and try to build off the energy and potential. There isn’t anymore expansion planned for the near future and for Bergevin, this is likely his most opportune time to shed $$$ and retool using SEA ED as a trigger to truly suss out the market and identify who/what is available to him and pursue vigorously.

So can the Habs just delay the decision on surgery until after the draft?

All of a sudden he’ll be good and ready to go for next season. :lol:

Hey if the Lightning can get away with it why not them?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

So now its being reported Price may have a hip injury and miss a lot of time. 

How is this not expansion draft circumvention on Montreals part? if Price is injured he should have been on LTIR prior to the expansion list being put out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1