The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gabriel Landeskog left unprotected for expansion draft

6 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If seattle wants a few big ticket guys, My gawd teams are giving them options to be vegas2.0

Carey Price, Gabe Landeskog, James VanRiemsdyk, Mark Giordano, PK Subban, Vladamir Tarasenko, Matt Duchene or Ryan Johansen, Josh Bailey, Max Domi, Ondrej Palat, Nino Neiderreiter, Taylor Hall. 

Forget the salary cap! Load those krackheads up for a year one cup run!

5 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Landeskog - Johansen - Tarasenko

Zucker  -        Wennberg      - Dadonov

Jarnkrok - Kerfoot - Appleton

Donato 

__Subban_   - Giordano

___Foote_ - ___Fleury 

Bean - Stetcher

Price

Holtby

Looking like Francis has some decent bricks to build with

Can't wait for Wednesday. There are going to be some interesting picks for sure. This will be a good rivalry for the canucks with some fun roadtrips down to Seattle. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I don't understand the praise for Sakic here. He may lose an asset like Landeskog for nothing and gets praise but Benning doesn't get assets for Hamhuis,Stetcher, Tanev, Toffoli, Markstrom  and fans threaten to tar and feather him and ride him on a rail out of town. The outcry on CDC would be unbearable if we would potentially lose a player of Landeskog's ilk for nothing.

Sakic also had actual assets to facilitate a re-build, along with some good players and better draft positions. His team's have under-achieved in the playoffs and he wasted 2 seasons with tons of cap by failing miserably at both trade deadlines. Under Sakic their drafting has produced like 1 player past the first round. I do not get the Sakic love at all

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Sakic also had actual assets to facilitate a re-build, along with some good players and better draft positions. His team's have under-achieved in the playoffs and he wasted 2 seasons with tons of cap by failing miserably at both trade deadlines. Under Sakic their drafting has produced like 1 player past the first round. I do not get the Sakic love at all

He was gifted MacKinnon one month after he took over. After that he hasn’t drafted anyone of significance past the first round in almost a decade of drafting. 

• Cheers 1

Tin foil hat time folks. Landeskog/Colorado "leak" his asking price at the outrageous 9-10mil mark to deter Seattle from taking him. So they can expose Landeskog to protect someone else without fear of Seattle taking Landeskog. Then, after the draft. Landeskog and Colorado sign an extension at around 7mil instead. Boom, bang, bop.