The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mark Giordano left unprotected in expansion draft

Quick hits on Palmieri, Giordano, Allen, Grubauer and Landeskog

Account4hockey: Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet 960 said that he believes the New York Islanders want to re-sign Kyle Palmieri.

The Seattle Kraken asking price for them to not select Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is a first- and third-round pick.

Fully understand that Treliving wasn't willing to give up a 1st and 3rd round pick in a side deal with the Kraken.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:
Quick hits on Palmieri, Giordano, Allen, Grubauer and Landeskog

Account4hockey: Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet 960 said that he believes the New York Islanders want to re-sign Kyle Palmieri.

The Seattle Kraken asking price for them to not select Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is a first- and third-round pick.

Fully understand that Treliving wasn't willing to give up a 1st and 3rd round pick in a side deal with the Kraken.

That's f!cking ridiculous.   Francis needs to lower his expectations nobody is paying that much for a guy turning 38 this year.   Sometimes i think - well actually i believe it's 100% true, that EF makes sh!t up now.   Wish Mckenzie was the number one insider again he didn't make as many ridiculous statements.   Working with Ron McLean is rubbing off in a bad way. 

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

That's f!cking ridiculous.   Francis needs to lower his expectations nobody is paying that much for a guy turning 38 this year.   Sometimes i think - well actually i believe it's 100% true, that EF makes sh!t up now.   Wish Mckenzie was the number one insider again he didn't make as many ridiculous statements.   Working with Ron McLean is rubbing off in a bad way. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Kraken don't try & sign Giordano if he tries free agency.  Signing him & Edler gives them a ok stopgap option for their blueline for a season.  Heck, pick Stecher off of the Wings in the expansion draft as a depth defenseman.  Sign UFA Halak for their goaltending (plus whoever they pick in the expansion draft) to fill out their goaltending.