The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Adam Larsson to test FA

1 hour ago, tas said:

definitely. same deal applies more or less the same to everyone. you can't block a shot if you have the puck, after all. 

Tell that to any forward on the Canucks who played on the power play when Jerkmy Lumme was on the point. Or Jiri Slegr. Or even Sami Salo.

There was always a 50/50 chance you we’re gonna take a slapshot to the head. 
I remember cringing every time I’d the see wind up and just hoping to heaven that none of the boys got smoked.

Fond memories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Tell that to any forward on the Canucks who played on the power play when Jerkmy Lumme was on the point. Or Jiri Slegr. Or even Sami Salo.

There was always a 50/50 chance you we’re gonna take a slapshot to the head. 
I remember cringing every time I’d the see wind up and just hoping to heaven that none of the boys got smoked.

Fond memories.

It’s definitely both sides, either your shooting the puck with force or being shot against. For years since the age of Edler gaining years, Eirhofff leaving, Salo being plagued with injuries, and Jovo and ohlund even Sopel ripping shots Hughes is the first promising shot from the point we’ve had in years. Too many years in the last ten we’ve been the guys getting hit with the hard shots from the point. Tanev and Edler in the same year seems to ring true to this IMO. 

long story we have (outside Hughes) no dangerous shots from the point. Clear the lane = shots on net. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I hope we can land Larsson, but CDC, is there somebody Seattle could possibly pick up that we could side deal for?

Someone cheap, underrated? 

Jeremy Lauzon from the Bruins is someone we should be interested in.

• Cheers 1

This really seems like it should be Canucks priority #1.

A solid RHD defender....

Get her done GMJB and do what you need to get the Krakers to take Holtby's dollars to free up the space because I know you are reading this!!!!!!!.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Question for anyone who might have an answer. I feel like the generally consensus around Larsson a couple weeks or a month ago was that we were better off not spending our cash and waiting till next year. While Larsson would be a good fit for us, he will likely be overpayed (like all free agents) and we don't have disposable cap yet.

Now it seems like the consensus is to go hard after him. Did the Edler statement about signing elsewhere make a big difference, or am I just interpreting the consensus wrong.

First, according to reports, he was likely to re-sign in EDM, and I think a lot of people just therefore mentally bypassed him.

Second, I could see the wisdom in the theory of simply going with the cheaper Hamonic in the interim and targeting the likes of Parayko next year, when we have cap opening up.

However, there's no guarantee Parayko makes it to UFA, signs with us if he does, or costs a reasonable amount to do so.

Personally, I hope we sign Larsson AND Hamonic and then trade Schmidt for for a F. Then we can still try to target Parayko next year, slide Larsson down to play with one of Rathbone/Juolevi and...

tenor.gif

Hughes, Parayko

Juolevi, Larsson

Rathbone, Myers/Hamonic

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, aGENT said:

First, according to reports, he was likely to re-sign in EDM, and I think a lot of people just therefore mentally bypassed him.

Second, I could see the wisdom in the theory of simply going with the cheaper Hamonic in the interim and targeting the likes of Parayko next year, when we have cap opening up.

However, there's no guarantee Parayko makes it to UFA, signs with us if he does, or costs a reasonable amount to do so.

Personally, I hope we sign Larsson AND Hamonic and then trade Schmidt for for a F. Then we can still try to target Parayko next year, slide Larsson down to play with one of Rathbone/Juolevi and...

tenor.gif

Hughes, Parayko

Juolevi, Larsson

Rathbone, Myers/Hamonic

Man... I could gone done concider that defense fixed. That looks like a core that could do some damage.

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

yeah it all depends on what Hamonic is after.  Other than Larsson I dont really know who is available/would fit on the right side.

Larsson, Hamonic, Savard, Hakanpaa, Ceci via UFA. Perhaps guys like Jensen, Manson etc via trade.

• Cheers 1

Would love it if the Canucks signed Larsson.

A good trade target for Schmidt might be Gavrikov out of Columbus.

Heard a rumour he wants out. He is cheaper than Schmidt at 2.8 with good underlying numbers

Plus he is Russian which would be good to help with Podkolzin transitioning to the NHL.

8 minutes ago, babalu said:

Would love it if the Canucks signed Larsson.

A good trade target for Schmidt might be Gavrikov out of Columbus.

Heard a rumour he wants out. He is cheaper than Schmidt at 2.8 with good underlying numbers

Plus he is Russian which would be good to help with Podkolzin transitioning to the NHL.

Doesn't every player want out of Columbus?  -_-