The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

True but he's not wrong, JB has a LOT of work to do on defence still.

We need at the very least 1 top defenceman in there, Larsson would have been perfect, Hamonic would be a nice safety net while we go out for someone like Ristolainen though.

Schmidt for Risto!  Get er done JB! 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Soilers lose their best D man to Seattle. :lol:

yup Holland really pooped the bed here letting things get to this point. But hey you lose Larsson for 4 mil, but gain Barrie for 3 mil. Thats just as good, rite? 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup Holland really pooped the bed here letting things get to this point. But hey you lose Larsson for 4 mil, but gain Barrie for 3 mil. Thats just as good, rite? 

Pretty brutal losing Larsson for 4M, gaining Barrie and Keith for probably a combined 9M. 

We can't get too upset losing Tanev when at least JB went out and got Schmidt. 

Now we may lose Edler, let's see who JB has in his plans...

Larsson would have been ideal in terms of age, defensive style, cap hit and right handedness, but there are others out there.

Dougie Hamilton would be a home run...sign him to a 6 year, 8M deal. 60-70 point pace #1 star righty we need. 

How do we fit the cap? Holtby gone to Seattle (or traded) saves 4M, buyout Roussel or bury him saves around 1M, maybe buyout Virtanen or find a trade for him and we shave off some money too and we might be able to keep Schmidt as well for a very solid defence...or of course easy route is Schmidt and Holtby out, Dougie in.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty brutal losing Larsson for 4M, gaining Barrie and Keith for probably a combined 9M. 

We can't get too upset losing Tanev when at least JB went out and got Schmidt. 

Now we may lose Edler, let's see who JB has in his plans...

Larsson would have been ideal in terms of age, defensive style, cap hit and right handedness, but there are others out there.

Dougie Hamilton would be a home run...sign him to a 6 year, 8M deal. 60-70 point pace #1 star righty we need. 

How do we fit the cap? Holtby gone to Seattle (or traded) saves 4M, buyout Roussel or bury him saves around 1M, maybe buyout Virtanen or find a trade for him and we shave off some money too and we might be able to keep Schmidt as well for a very solid defence...or of course easy route is Schmidt and Holtby out, Dougie in.

I really like the idea of getting Dougie here as well, but we might be in the minority on that one. We'd have to get someone to take Nate basically for free to make the cap space. But maybe Carolina does that? he might fit their team really well. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really like the idea of getting Dougie here as well, but we might be in the minority on that one. We'd have to get someone to take Nate basically for free to make the cap space. But maybe Carolina does that? he might fit their team really well. 

Could do a similar trade to how we acquired him?

I'd be keen on keeping Schmidt because I don't think we've seen him at his best yet and he's got a lot to give, maybe he just needs a proper offseason.

Keeping both would be hard but we'd have to let Hamonic go as well, lose Holtby's 4M then try and get rid of cap here and there (bury or buyout Virtanen and Roussel might save us 2M) and try and re-sign Petey and Hughes for around 12M. Would be tight but we can dream...

• Hydration 1
47 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

True but he's not wrong, JB has a LOT of work to do on defence still.

Hope he prioritises picking some new guys because they're going very quickly already, whoever's left when FA starts will get snapped up too.

Worst case scenario, we starting like this:

Hughes - Myers

Rathbone - Schmidt

Juolevi - Chatfield??

We need at the very least 1 top defenceman in there, Larsson would have been perfect, Hamonic would be a nice safety net while we go out for someone like Ristolainen though.

He's not wrong. However Seattle is the only team that has been allowed to talk to any free agents so he can't really be suggesting that JB is missing opportunities that have not been there. I do agree with you about Hamonic, give him a full training camp and he will be much better than what we saw. Also believe that to be true about Schmidt. But we do need one more defenseman as well and I am not interested in more Jalen Chatfield...

• Hydration 1
On 7/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, Patel Bure said:

Nope.  He could sign anywhere for that amount and would probably stay in Edmonton for that price.  He’ll need Atleast 5 million if he’s going to leave Edmonton and Atleast consider us.

Yeah, you're right, no chance he signs for 4 × 4.

:bigblush:

• Haha 3
54 minutes ago, stawns said:

I really don't get why expansion teams get first crack at UFA players?  They get to take one player from each team, that should be enough.

They don't technically Adam Larsson is their pick from the Oilers.

10 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

They don't technically Adam Larsson is their pick from the Oilers.

I know, but its still ridiculous, they should have to wait on ufa like everyone else

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I know, but its still ridiculous, they should have to wait on ufa like everyone else

They are also only allowed to select a certain amount of players that aren't under contract. 

38 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Yeah, you're right, no chance he signs for 4 × 4.

:bigblush:

I stand corrected. That's a hell of a deal for Seattle.  :-(

edit 

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

“Adam Larsson to test FA”

Signs at 4x4 with the Krak. :lol:

I’m not sure Larsson understands the meaning of the word “test.” ;) 

Pretty sure he left money on the table. Strange days indeed.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

I stand corrected. That's a hell of a deal for Seattle.  :-(

edit 

I don't get why he wouldn't just wait a few day to see what else was out there... He must really like the space needle, or something.