The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Adam Larsson to test FA

13 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

That’s not something we can afford to do.  We need a long term Alex Edler replacement.  I’d go as high as 5.5.

He doesn't have 5.5 numbers. That's like quinn hughes good. He isnt there. If that's what he commands, let him sign elsewhere. He is no Myers or schmidt.

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Let's. F***ing. GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This is the partner we want for Quinn. People will look at that Hall trade back in the day and find a way to directly negatively associate that with Larsson, but he's the perfect fit for us. He's capable of playing nearly half an entire game.

Yup, he wasn't a 4th overall pick for nothing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Xur said:

He doesn't have 5.5 numbers. That's like quinn hughes good. He isnt there. If that's what he commands, let him sign elsewhere. He is no Myers or schmidt.

It’s not so much as how good he is, but rather, how important would he be to us?    There’s no other guy out there that can play top pairing defensive minutes and take on tough defensive match ups.  Hamilton is out there but he’d cost a bazillion dollars and he ain’t coming here.   All other guys we’d need to trade for and surrender significant assets.

Larsson isn’t the perfect answer for us but he’s easily our best choice.

Guys like Hamonic, Savard, Oleksiak, Murray, Zadorov, etc, aren’t top pairing guys.

• Cheers 1

Do it Jb getting him would help our D alot, another guy I'd target is Jamie Oleksiak to replace elder Having a top 6 D of Hughes - Larsson

Schmidt  - Hamonic

Oleksiak - Myers 

Is a upgrade for sure, then trade for a guy like reinhart to sure out our top 6 and this team is looking to challenge not only for a playoff spot but looking to make some noise 

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Why are you pointing out his one and only minus season in his NHL career?

Just looking at his last 3 years. He hasn't been playing at a 5 million dollar level for a while. 

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

There's a lot more to being an NHL defenseman than production. 

Not denying that at all. Chris Tanev is a great stay at home defense men that still puts up bigger points than Larsson. He signed for 4.5 million. Larsson is worth 4. And for that I would be happy to see him in a canucks uniform 

Edited by Xur

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

6x5m, he's a more physical less often injured Tanev. And he's a Swede, we make magic with Swedes.

In his 10 years in the nhl, Larsson only played 3 full seasons. I dont think you can call him less injured than tanev. Comparable though.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Will probably be at least 6 mil for him to sign here. Would look great with Hughes though 

I'd be less upset if we threw one of those icky retirement contracts at Larsson than if we threw one at Hyman. Defensemen seem to age better than forwards.

• Upvote 1