The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Adam Larsson to test FA

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Savard and Larsson would be a dream. 

I think we trade Schmidt and Holtby at the draft. Seattle takes Roussel and we buyout Jake. B)

Hughes - Larsson

Rathbone - Savard

Juolevi - Myers

No offense meant but why would SEA take Roussel? You think JB made a side deal?

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Guerin and lamarello being aggressive this offseason maybe its our turn 

Agree, our right side is the weak point, I’m okay with a similar forward group. We need to get the puck out more efficiently. Too many teams hammer us in for a 1:30 - 2 min shift.. on the regular 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hughes ~$5, Larsson~$5

Juolevi/Rathbone~$1, Myers $6m

Edler ~$1.5, Hamonic or Hakanpaa ~$2.5-3

Juolevi/Rathbone~$1

Trade Schmidt for a +/- $4-5m W'er.

Larsson would be a very very solid pick up. 

I wonder if Eagle and Hams are waiting until after ED to sign...

• Cheers 1

I think Larsson would be the *right* fit with Hughes. Yeah, we could re-sign Hamonic and put him there but I firmly believe Hughes is at his best when he has all options open to him and doesn't have to worry as much about getting deep. I think the security of Larsson back there would do that. I would love if we could sign him for 4.5, but that's probably unlikely. Even 5 seems like a push as a UFA, but we ARE still in a cap strapped world. My offer would be 5X5, with a settle on 5X5.25.

If Schmidt really does want out, I agree with aGent - ship him out for a middle/top forward or a defensive prospect, which we don't have many of.

I would say then sign Hamonic at 3X2.25m if he'll take that, and circle back with Edler after he tests free agency, and offer 2X1.5 so he can retire a Canuck, and gives us the security that if OJ or Rathbone falter or if there is injury (which of course they will be) we have a competent backup. 

Hughes 6 Larsson 5.25
Rathbone 1 Hamonic 2.25
OJ 1 Myers 6
Edler 1.5

By the end of the year, we should know how Rathbone and OJ are shaping up. If one of them are not what we are looking for long-term, we can trade them and then go after a UFA the following year when cap is even less an issue. Parayko 4X5.5m (Or Pulock. Maybe even Reilly or Manson. There's lots of big, and some skilled guys that may be available).

Hughes 6 Larsson 5.25
Parayko 5.5 Myers 6
Rathbone/OJ Hamonic 2.25
Edler 1.5

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Hughes ~$5, Larsson~$5

Juolevi/Rathbone~$1, Myers $6m

Edler ~$1.5, Hamonic or Hakanpaa ~$2.5-3

Juolevi/Rathbone~$1

Trade Schmidt for a +/- $4-5m W'er.

We'd be lucky to get Hughes at 6m, never happen at 5m

4 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

With more term, sure. 2-3 year bridge deal, as expected, will be around $5-$5.5 IMO. Look at comparables bruh. How much is McAvoy, a more complete D, making on a bridge?

This fanbase has been trying to overpay him for like two years now :lol:

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

With more term, sure. 2-3 year bridge deal, as expected, will be around $5-$5.5 IMO. Look at comparables bruh. How much of McAvoy, a more complete D, making on a bridge?

This fanbase has been trying to overpay him for like two years now :lol:

Hey I'm not saying I wouldn't like that deal I just think its going to take more......bruh?

54 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Hey I'm not saying I wouldn't like that deal I just think its going to take more......bruh?

Have you actually looked at comparables?

Sure, high end, RFA D on 6-8 year deals are getting $7m+. But the guys on short bridge deals are generally in the $4.5-$5.5 range. And while Hughes is a phenom with offense, his defensive/two way play has in no way earned him the high end of that pay scale.

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Have you actually looked at comparables?

Sure, high end, RFA D on 6-8 year deals are getting $7m+. But the guys on short bridge deals are generally in the $4.5-$5.5 range. And while Hughes is a phenom with offense, his defensive/two way play has in no way earned him the high end of that pay scale.

Ok but we don't know if there's going to be a bridge deal, I agree he has some learning(alot) to do on defense but he's still the best offensive/defenseman we've ever had. I think 6m is the minimum. Lets wait and see

19 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

not sure if this is true.

1. First of all there are always two parties involved. There is a chance that Larsson isn't happy with either term or money the Oilers offered him.

2. The flat cap world is an important restriction.

Honestly I don't know how much cap space the Oilers have right now, but I know for sure that they can't afford to re-sign Barrie and Larsson after the Duncan Keith acquisition.

Barrie has tremendous value for the Oilers on the powerplay.

I think Oilers are stuck in a dilemma right know making a decision what player they will keep (Larsson or Barrie).

Can’t win if you can’t defend. 

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Given how he was last year defensively and the fact he has zero arb rights he'd be lucky to get more than 6.5M, unless on a long-term deal but even I doubt much more.

Heiskanen is a better player and got 8M on a long-term deal. Hughes isn't better than Chabot too and he's at 8M as well.

17 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Ok but we don't know if there's going to be a bridge deal, I agree he has some learning(alot) to do on defense but he's still the best offensive/defenseman we've ever had. I think 6m is the minimum. Lets wait and see

Don't we?

Thought it'd been pretty widely reported that both Hughes and Pettersson are likely bridge deals.

And with flat Covid cap, a bridge deal makes sense for both players and the team. Team needs cap space this year, players don't want their high dollar years/contracts with the current high escrow. Win, win.

And, apologies for the bluntness, but I don't really care what you think, I care what comparables tell us. If he's on a bridge deal comparables tell us it's like $5m +/-. If he wants a longer deal like Heiskenan just signed, he's probably around $7-$7.5m.

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Given how he was last year defensively and the fact he has zero arb rights he'd be lucky to get more than 6.5M, unless on a long-term deal but even I doubt much more.

Heiskanen is a better player and got 8M on a long-term deal. Hughes isn't better than Chabot too and he's at 8M as well.

Agree

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Don't we?

Thought it'd been pretty widely reported that both Hughes and Pettersson are likely bridge deals.

And with flat Covid cap, a bridge deal makes sense for both players and the team. Team needs cap space this year, players don't want their high dollar years/contracts with the current high escrow. Win, win.

And, apologies for the bluntness, but I don't really care what you think, I care what comparables tell us. If he's on a bridge deal comparables tell us it's like $5m +/-. If he wants a longer deal like Heiskenan just signed, he's probably around $7-$7.5m.

Ya like blunt and aggressive. All I'm saying is we don't know, things happen that we don't expect like the trade for Dickinson or maybe we trade Hughes to the Devils for this that and the other. Stranger things have happened. Were not even disagreeing on things here for the most part take a chill pill or smoke a dube

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

Ya like blunt and aggressive. All I'm saying is we don't know, things happen that we don't expect like the trade for Dickinson or maybe we trade Hughes to the Devils for this that and the other. Stranger things have happened. Were not even disagreeing on things here for the most part take a chill pill or smoke a dube

I'm quite chill, thanks. Just prefer to stick to facts and comparables, not 'feels'.