The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will you pick as our alternate captains?

Rate this topic

PuckFather

Who to get the A next season if Edler and Sutter are gone?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My only question is why isn't LE on this list!   He's being around for what seems like a decade already lol.

Seriously though for me it's either Brock or Myers.    Miller would be ok too but i don't think he's going to be here long. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

My only question is why isn't LE on this list!   He's being around for what seems like a decade already lol.

Seriously though for me it's either Brock or Myers.    Miller would be ok too but i don't think he's going to be here long. 

He is under "other" where he belongs.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Miller and Beagle for now. Pettersson will eventually get his turn.

Beagle might not be back.   Brock was a bright light while the rest of the team was trying to play hockey with each other last season, entering his prime.   I'm not sure Miller will be a mainstay but for sure wouldn't mind if he got the A either.   Myers i've been defending since his signing and for sure plays like he deserves it.     Sutter should also be on the list because he might be back.   

Edit:  Also would be fine if it's Motte. 

Edited by IBatch

Miller, Brock and Schmidt, based on who is still here right now.

I would keep Edler if he re-signs, probably in place of Schmidt. I think its the right time to step Boeser up in terms of responsibility.

It's interesting to see a lot have picked Myers as well, I thought about that, but ultimately I think:

Miller keeps it serious

Brock bridges younger players

Schmidt keeps things light and brings humor to keep guys loose.

If we are going with the standard 1 C and 2 A's that has been used in recent memory, then I would go with Miller and Myers. 

If we go the 1 C and 3 A's, I can see them adding Schmidt to the list. 

Captain: BH53

Alternate 1: JTM9 (already a vocal member of the team / hype man, and was displaced from a letter, imho, last season due to seniority of the players who did wear one)

Alternate 2: TM57 (spent some time with the A when Edler was out with injuries) 

Alternate 3: NS29 (wore a letter as a member of the Golden Knights, and a very vocal member of the team)