The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzies final top 100 draft board

Rate this topic

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

My, when ever I think of it all name draft team not based on anything other than their name, don’t ruin it with specifics.  

Chaz Lucious

Broz

Whynot

Del Mastro

and Bar.  

plz….

idk it would be awesome.  Woo says to Whynot to pass it to Bar who says to Broz that Lucious likes to score.  

what the heck am I talking about, idk, but it sounds like an amazing line up in Abbey one day.  

lol. 

Del Maestro is a stand alone.  He’s that awesome name wise and Woo was an all time for me.  

10 minutes ago, B.C.Renegade69 said:

Why not if he’s BPA, if we can’t trade up to get Clarke, I would have Johnson and him to choose from…… big decisions 

Many consider there to be a top 9, with Wallstedt in the tier just below.

Unless Benning isn't keen on one of those top 9, he likely isn't Vancouver's BPA.

46 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Here's a crazy scenario that hasn't been discussed: What if Canucks take Wallstedt?

Would it be completely inconceivable that JB picks Wallstedt then flips him plus w/e else to Buf for Reinhardt?  That'd be a trade that benefits all involved,  no?  

57 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Does a team take a goalie, thus dropping Hughes to the Canucks? Or, does JB go with the Russian kid?

Fedor Svechkov - Centre

Craig Button's Analysis

"A complete two-way centre who has an outstanding mind. He excels in all situations and maximizes the abilities of others and makes the team better everywhere."

Projection: Complete, Two-Way Centre
Comparable: Pavel Datsyuk

I'm thinking Benning's going with the Russian kid...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Fanuck said:

Would it be completely inconceivable that JB picks Wallstedt then flips him plus w/e else to Buf for Reinhardt?  That'd be a trade that benefits all involved,  no?  

Why would he not just trade the pick instead to let Buffalo do what they want with it?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Sure but how do we afford to pay reinhart? Would have to be wallstead and erikksons contract

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Forget choosing between Beniers and Eklund - Who's better?  McKenzie or Button?  

Button. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't McKenzie's list a an overview from a bunch of scouts that he he turns into a list? I think Button does his own. Could be wrong on that though. 

Personally, I tend to take McKenzies list more seriously, but believe Button is the better player judge. If that makes sense.

If the top 9 is pretty much set doesn't that put Vancouver in the catbird seat?

This one is even more uncertain than usual as far as who goes where so Vancouver gets the possibility of a juicy drop within the golden 9, or a missed opportunity after it and if anybody else notices the great spot Van is in a greater possibility of a gift in  a trade.

Or is that being overly optimistic? 

Edited by John_Guest
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Button. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't McKenzie's list a an overview from a bunch of scouts that he he turns into a list? I think Button does his own. Could be wrong on that though. 

Personally, I tend to take McKenzies list more seriously, but believe Button is the better player judge. If that makes sense.

A little unfair to Bob considering it's not his job to evaluate the talent.  He's in the HHOF for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Fedor Svechkov - Centre

Craig Button's Analysis

"A complete two-way centre who has an outstanding mind. He excels in all situations and maximizes the abilities of others and makes the team better everywhere."

I'm liking three of these kids for the 9 spot. Hughes if he gets there. Johnson, if he remains status quo. Fedor Svechkov, if JB goes off the board a bit so I think you're right though, Benning is going for this Russian kid.

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I'm liking three of these kids for the 9 spot. Hughes if he gets there. Johnson, if he remains status quo. Fedor Svechkov, if JB goes off the board a bit so I think you're right though, Benning is going for this Russian kid.

Hughes would be nice, I'm not sold on Johnson.  The Russian kid is being compared to Pavel Datsyuk.  Even if he's Pavel lite he is a top 5 pick in the draft.  You can play him with Podkolzin for the next decade and eventually move BO down to the 3rd line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hughes would be nice, I'm not sold on Johnson.  The Russian kid is being compared to Pavel Datsyuk.  Even if he's Pavel lite he is a top 5 pick in the draft.  You can play him with Podkolzin for the next decade and eventually move BO down to the 3rd line.

Friday is going to be fun, for sure. Hell, this entire week is shaping up to be a blast. As Benning has said, they've been tracking these kids since they were 15 years old. So, probably have all the other organizations, so at least one GM is going to go off the board and pick someone out of left field. Like, one of the goalies, or this Russian kid.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Friday is going to be fun, for sure. Hell, this entire week is shaping up to be a blast. As Benning has said, they've been tracking these kids since they were 15 years old. So, probably have all the other organizations, so at least one GM is going to go off the board and pick someone out of left field. Like, one of the goalies, or this Russian kid.

It'll be fun for everyone but the mods when people lose it over Benning not picking their guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

A little unfair to Bob considering it's not his job to evaluate the talent.  He's in the HHOF for a reason.

Never said Bob was no good. Also specified that my personal opinion is much higher then Bob then Button. I just think if you're trying to evaluate 2 fellas based off their list, I would say the guys lists who is completely his own thoughts is more impressive them someone who just polls other scouts and complies the data.

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think Benning will be afraid to pick another Russian.

He just went through the exact same process with Podkolzin, since Svechkov is signed for two more seasons with SKA.

I guess it all depends on how he feels Podz development went there and how easy it was to get him signed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Fedor Svechkov - Centre

Craig Button's Analysis

thought I read somewhere that he's obligated to the KHL for another 2 years. so he'd be the same deal as Podkolzin, here in 2 years. also means that a few teams might stay away because of that fact.