The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Montreal Plans to Offersheet Pettersson

11 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

They can't make an offer sheet before this years draft, so anything involving offer sheets is starting for the 2022 draft

Nvm.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't believe that's correct.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2021/6/28/22554643/2021-offer-sheet-compensation-set-nhl-rfa-rules-picks-aav-calculation

Some rules to remember:

1. NHL teams cannot negotiate with a player in regards to an offer sheet until July 27. The player cannot sign that offer sheet until July 28.
  2. If the player (but not the team) elects arbitration, he cannot sign an offer sheet.
  3. The team submitting the offer sheet has to have all of the required compensation picks, and they have to be their own picks. They have to be picks for the next draft (so 2021) unless they are required to have two picks of the same round. Then they can have two of the next three year’s picks to offer.
  4. And now for the calculation of the AAV to determine the threshold:

This by itself would invalidate the rumour entirely. They DO NOT have a second first round pick for 2021. Not to mention, they are missing a third round pick for this year.

image.thumb.png.b64f632387f9251bb17f26fab3ea1a2b.png

In short, this rumour is 100 percent false.

Nah its not, this year doesnt and wouldnt count

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You are totally misunderstanding the rule. The picks have to be the teams own picks. The compensation is spread over 3 drafts if the compensation requires 2 picks fro. The same round 

You are correct after all, as are the others. Montreal is fully capable of doing this after all.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

@Warhippy

Hey lol careful what you wish for. 

Though "to be faaaaaair" I do love me some Pete. But at that 'Price" ill take the payment. 

Well, they lose price.  No defense.  All tiny offense again.  Oft injured petey who has helped us garner two top 10 picks of our own since his draft.

I'd actually take that deal knowing we'd be drafting top 10 AGAIN next year (ugh) and possibly have two shots at Bedard in 2023 based on our own pick and the Montreal pick once they flounder after Petey has a season ending leg injury in the Bell centre after getting tangled up Jan 13th 2023 against Marner

Ya..see I have it all planned out

• Haha 4

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Sean Warren is with CanucksArmy. Also 704850bb40572df08b9283e2d84f2555?s=90&d=

Sean Warren

Founder of Area 51 Hockey Writer and Podcaster

So he’s some kid writing out of his parents basement? Lol. Yeah. I’m sure he has rock solid sources in Montreal (one of the most tight lipped organizations in the league) 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

So he’s some kid writing out of his parents basement? Lol. Yeah. I’m sure he has rock solid sources in Montreal (one of the most tight lipped organizations in the league) 

Yeah, you could be right. He does seem to wrute a fair number of articles for CanucksArmy though. Here are a few.

Fixing the NHL’s Department of Player Safety

2 MONTHS AGO | SEAN WARREN

• -DLC- locked this topic