Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Montreal Plans to Offersheet Pettersson


Recommended Posts

Our lineup sucks without Petey. Quit clowning around lol.

 

Its not even worth talking about. The draft picks aren’t worth it. You match it and you deal with your cap anyway possible after.

 

Also this is stupid and not happening 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This be craperolla.  More make up than Norma Desmond.  

Alf, is your real name William Desmond Taylor?

 

The name Norma Desmond was a combination of early Hollywood's comedy star Mabel Normand and her lover, silent film director William Desmond Taylor. Normand made movies with the likes of Charlie Chaplin and Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle, and lived like life was one Wild Party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

:frantic:

Don't be frantic you're the ayatollah of Swedish cool.

Playing the cards close to your chest we see.

Prepping a death stare to those who bother to waste your time.

Pretty sure the picture of you as a kid with your "V" shirt on with your two fingered V's

signals to us you've made it to your dream team.

We know you'll just say NO. Cause I'm home:canucks:  elias-pettersson-vancouver-kid.jpg.16d125c706aceccb3806246a6f389074.jpg

Edited by Cat Man
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they do they're possibly giving up lottery picks with near franchise talent in Wright in 2022 and Bedard/Michkov in 2023. They're an older team and if they lose Price/Weber that's a big hit, even with adding Petey. One bad injury and they might not just miss the playoffs, but be a bottom 10 team. They've struggled to get in last two years and are losing some of quality guys in FA this year.

 

Petey isn't worth 10+ right now. Hell he isn't worth 9+. He has struggled with health a bit and had a slow start last season. He is still developing too. Hard to tell how he'll pan out atm so it is a risk for the Habs too if they decide to offer-sheet him a lot.

 

I doubt Petey accepts unless it's a crazy amount in which case four 1sts for us.

 

So try it Habs. Caufield/Suzuki will look yummy in 2022 and 2023 and maybe they'd get to play with a top pick.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Our lineup sucks without Petey. Quit clowning around lol.

 

Its not even worth talking about. The draft picks aren’t worth it. You match it and you deal with your cap anyway possible after.

 

Also this is stupid and not happening 

Don't the second and third parts of your post kind of contradict each other? If the picks obviously aren't worth it, then why wouldn't Montreal do it?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Is there a limit on the number of offer sheets a team can do to another team's players in consecutive years? What if they offer sheet EP this year and Quinn next year?

They wouldn't have the draft picks as compensation if they actually signed Petey. However, if you do have your draft picks available for compensation there would be no limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Is there a limit on the number of offer sheets a team can do to another team's players in consecutive years? What if they offer sheet EP this year and Quinn next year?

As long as you have the picks required for compensation you can do an offer sheet.  In this case the compensation required would be 2 1st round picks +.  If Vancouver didnt match Pettersson would become a Hab and Montreal would owe the picks starting next year. Since they wouldn’t have 2 of their next 3 1sts they wouldn’t have the picks necessary to offer sheet Hughes. If Vancouver matched and Montreal didn’t trade their picks in other transactions they’d be feee to offer sheet Hughes next year 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

As long as you have the picks required for compensation you can do an offer sheet.  In this case the compensation required would be 2 1st round picks +.  If Vancouver didnt match Pettersson would become a Hab and Montreal would owe the picks starting next year. Since they wouldn’t have 2 of their next 3 1sts they wouldn’t have the picks necessary to offer sheet Hughes. If Vancouver matched and Montreal didn’t trade their picks in other transactions they’d be feee to offer sheet Hughes next year 

Hughes could only be offersheeted next year if he signs a 1 year contract this summer which won't happen

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Don't the second and third parts of your post kind of contradict each other? If the picks obviously aren't worth it, then why wouldn't Montreal do it?

Because I’m referring to the comments about taking the picks on the previous page. Also this thread is stupid. “French Sources” c’mon. On top of that Montreal has their 2 stars coming up next year. We can play games too.


And thank for for replying so that I can talk about what’s not worth talking about lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hughes could only be offersheeted next year if he signs a 1 year contract this summer which won't happen

Very true. I was just responding to the question of whether or not there’s a limit to how many offer sheets you can do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Any team without Petey in it is worse off. 

 

Why would Pettersson accept that Montréal offer sheet if the rumour is true? Are they that close? Canadiens could very well lose Price, and Weber next season. Losing a top goaltender and one of your top defensemen? Most teams don’t make the postseason with that. 

 

I agree with you but all I’m saying is not all is lost without Petey.  You get all of those draft picks + more cap space to bring in other players.   The world moves on.  I would love for Petey to stay but if he accepts that offer, then good for him and we move on forward.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I agree with you but all I’m saying is not all is lost without Petey.  You get all of those draft picks + more cap space to bring in other players.   The world moves on.  I would love for Petey to stay but if he accepts that offer, then good for him and we move on forward.

I'd be surprised if he signs the offer sheet, if he does then let him go because it would show he really doesn't want to be here. Besides who's to say they won't go after Hughes instead.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I'd be surprised if he signs the offer sheet, if he does then let him go because it would show he really doesn't want to be here. Besides who's to say they won't go after Hughes instead.

Hughes has zero arb right and can't be offer-sheeted since he burned a year of his ELC when he joined the Canucks late in 2018-19. 

 

Boeser was the same way, so was Gaudette and Rathbone will have zero arb rights as well when he becomes a RFA in 2022.

 

Kind of a double-edge sword with College players signing late. The organization doesn't get to take advantage of the full 3 year ELC but they don't have to worry about arb/offer-sheets when they do become RFA's for the first time.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VegasCanuck said:

This is how you define, Not A Reliable Source!

I dont use the twitter, but that sure doesn't look like any of the insiders...looks like a canuck fan wearing a very cool skate logo jersey tank!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AK_19 said:

 

The voices in my head have been telling me that Montreal is going to send us Petry for a 5th round pick and a case of Coors Light!

 

I think the voices are more accurate than your “Sources”

Edited by VegasCanuck
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -DLC- locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...