The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] "Canucks poking around Conor Garland"

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Max Domi please.  Could come with a bit of a discount since he had a "down" season last season AND the opportunity to play with one of his best buds in Horvat.  Bonus, the kid has K.O ability and would bring toughness to the top 6.  

Domi just had shoulder surgery and will miss a chunk of the upcoming season. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Show me the money... Or lack there of.  Wishful thinking.  Will have to move out Schmidt just to sign Larsson.... Hyman and Schwartz?  Can't afford them don't want them.  To much term, cost or both.

Don’t poop on my dreams!!! :( 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BabychStache said:

I thought Ellis went to Philly?

Maybe I messed up thought he went to Zona! They should still be keen on Schmidt then 

I was very tired scouring rumours LOL

i need to be careful with these ig sports news posts ... the one I saw showed the wrong trade. THANK YOU

Edited by R3aL

My only.concern about Garland is his size. He just doesn't fit the kind of player Benning seems to want to go after.

Still, I like the idea of a top 6 scorer being added, as well as getting said player as a return for Schmidt if he truly doesn't want to be here. Then we sign a big stay at home d man to fill the vacant spot on D.

• Upvote 1

Speedy little guy with the sucess of the Brayden Point types and Caufield and Debrincats it is no longer a reach to trade for these guys worrying about them not being big game or playoff players in high leverage tight checking games.

Garland would be nice to add but don't really see it happening.

Canucks could use more speed and size.  Dickinson adds more of the latter although he is not a bad skater, but doesn't play to his size consistently. Despite being listed at 200 pounds he struggles in the faceoff dot. Not a great trait for a dee zone 3C checking line pivot so heneeds to get better there if he is to remain at center full time going forward.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Yeah, JB does good with RFAs save Sutter.

It is the UFAs that are killing us.

No one wanted to play for a dried up team.

No one wants to play for a rebuilding team.

Everyone wants to play for the Cup.

Money vs. Opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Speedy little guy with the sucess of the Brayden Point types and Caufield and Debrincats it is no longer a reach to trade for these guys worrying about them not being big game or playoff players in high leverage tight checking games.

Garland would be nice to add but don't really see it happening.

Canucks could use more speed and size.  Dickinson adds more of the latter although he is not a bad skater, but doesn't play to his size consistently. Despite being listed at 200 pounds he struggles in the faceoff dot. Not a great trait for a dee zone 3C checking line pivot so heneeds to get better there if he is to remain at center full time going forward.

In his interview on 650 (yesterday) Dickinson said he played all three forward spots with Dallas, and that he’d show up on game day not knowing which spot, or line he was on.  Seems like he’s a very versatile player, who can play centre.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

If were are going after a smaller player, we need to go after A Philip Danualt.

Danault would instantly fix our offense in so many ways. 

He's going to cost a lot. His performance in the playoffs has put him soundly on a lot of teams radars, 

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

If were are going after a smaller player, we need to go after A Philip Danualt.

Danault would instantly fix our offense in so many ways. 

Smaller? Danault is 6’1” 200lbs. Not a giant but I wouldn’t term him as “smaller” 

Edited by qwijibo

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

At 2:38 Rick Dhaliwal says Canucks poking around Arizona's Conor Garland.

So in other words, Benning is doing his job and doing his rounds on potentially available players. 

Slow news day I see.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Domi just had shoulder surgery and will miss a chunk of the upcoming season. 

Damn didn't know that as I thought he was a UFA this year.  Oh well, next year we have more cap space and he'll be a UFA.  Here's hoping we can re-connect him and Bo (and Bo is actively recruiting him) and they can work some of that championship magic they had.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Maybe I messed up thought he went to Zona! They should still be keen on Schmidt then 

I was very tired scouring rumours LOL

i need to be careful with these ig sports news posts ... the one I saw showed the wrong trade. THANK YOU

LOL! All good. I thought i missed something huge.  Cheers