The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat and his future [agent on don and dahli]

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

My prediction is:

We trade Bo + 9OA to Jersey for Jack Hughes + 4OA.

With 4OA we draft Luke Hughes.

Hello :frantic:

Could be fun?

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Hughes - Podkolzin

Hughes - Hughes

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Is VAN becoming a place players may not want to play for? Benning made some changes last year, by allowing Stecher, Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli to sign somewhere else. I think this really pi**ed off the players that management would let 4 veteran players leave like that, and then brought in Vesey and Boyd to fill the void, relied on Michaleis and Hawryluk. They all did a subpar job really. 

Benning really needs to do a few BIG things to turn this team around, make them better. And if he doesn't and continues to plead for everyone to be patient, it's not going to sit right and some of the players may want out. 

Not only that, but this will be SEA's first season, and it would be bad if VAN got their a**es handed to them every time they played them.  VAN needs to be more competitive, tougher to play against. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Is VAN becoming a place players may not want to play for? Benning made some changes last year, by allowing Stecher, Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli to sign somewhere else. I think this really pi**ed off the players that management would let 4 veteran players leave like that, and then brought in Vesey and Boyd to fill the void, relied on Michaleis and Hawryluk. They all did a subpar job really. 

Benning really needs to do a few BIG things to turn this team around, make them better. And if he doesn't and continues to plead for everyone to be patient, it's not going to sit right and some of the players may want out. 

Not only that, but this will be SEA's first season, and it would be bad if VAN got their a**es handed to them every time they played them.  VAN needs to be more competitive, tougher to play against. 

I agree somewhat but with some thought that Bo and Co are understanding of the cap situation.  Obviously Toffoli was a big loss and the guys would have liked Tanev still.  Perhaps they also didn't like the Schmidt addition which makes sense this summer given the rumors / news.

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Then we can become the Vancouver "Hughes".  Who?  Yes, that's what I said - Vancouver "Hughes".

I don't see how we wouldn't be a winner at that time.  
Reason is, we'd have a guy on our team called "Bear".  Like the animal.  There's no way we're not winners or at least bad-asses at that point.  B)

3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I wasn't trying to imply that the Horvat thing is legitimate.  

I do however, believe that the Canucks need to take a more aggressive stance in this off season and not just "bring the band back together" for next season.  

Which UFA has Benning committed to bringing back?  As far as I can see he isn’t re-signing any one of them. At least not on their terms.

And he just traded for Dickinson, is bringing in Podkolzin, and if the rumours are true he is actively shopping Holtby and Schmidt. 

Looks to me like Benning is sticking to his word that he is going to make some significant changes. 

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nope.

Team has a very bright future and is located in the best city in the NHL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So first, Taj isn't a source at all. He's an idiot. You seemingly chose to include his tweet because it reinforces the Bo's going to leave storyline. 

Nowhere did the agent state that they'd have a hard time keeping Bo. Nowhere. 

Isn't Taj supposed to be Squamfan? Haha! 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Vintage 2

Word for word:

RD:  Hey Pat you also represent the captain of the Vancouver Canucks Bo Horvat whose contract’s up in a couple of years.  You know, ah, when I watch Bo in the exit meetings the years over I-I-I see a player that wants to win bad, Pat….really wants to win bad. He’s only had the one playoff success and that was in the bubble in Edmonton.  But you’re just…your thoughts on Bo and and where he’s at with Vancouver right now.

PM:  You know what I think, um, he’s very competitive and he’s been around long enough that he saw uh, every year others winning the Stanley Cup and that’s what you play the game for so he’s very much looking forward to uh the team moving forward that success was to within one game of uh eliminating Vegas creates a (? - sounded like “vest”) for you know how good a team can be when everybody’s on and he’s uh not becoming impatient but becoming impatient in the sense that he wants to win and be in the playoffs every year so he…he contributes as well as he can.  He’s got more to give, that’s coming for sure uh, he’s very passionate about the game and passionate about the city of Vancouver and uh can’t wait for the next season and and uh trust he’ll do everything he can to make that better for Vancouver.

Not sure how you get anything related to the OP?   He ain't no quitter....Kes may have gone searching for greener grass but Bo will help sow some here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Word for word:

Not sure how you get anything related to the OP?   He ain't no quitter....Kes may have gone searching for greener grass but Bo will help sow some here.

Yup,

Bo is a competitor and he wants to win in Vancouver.... I wouldn't want it any other way from the Canucks captain.

This is very much a non story story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Yup,

Bo is a competitor and he wants to win in Vancouver.... I wouldn't want it any other way from the Canucks captain.

This is very much a non story story.

If edler wants to leave the canucks because hes sick of the losing so can Bo. Lets not forget that.

11 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

If edler wants to leave the canucks because hes sick of the losing so can Bo. Lets not forget that.

I think you have over simplified the Edler situation as there is more to it than winning.

For one, had the Canucks signed Edler already they would have left him unprotected in the expansion draft, then there is the dollars/term, overall roll on the team etc.

Most of this was kept behind closed doors so not really a fair comparison.

What I heard is that Bo is committed to winning with this team in Vancouver and it appears that many have chosen to make this into some type of sensational read between the lines tabloid style interbiew which it was not. Of course Bo is frustrated with losing, I would want him to be and I would want him to be hungry and be able to get more out of himself and I heard that is what he will be doing.

I am looking forward to Bo being in a true number 2 centre spot next year and leave the defensive assignments to Dickenson and let Bo be the player we know he can be.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I haven’t listened to the interview, but the point is valid that we need to be aggressive and start winning now (well last season was when we needed to be better).

Players come off their ELCs really fast, and become UFAs.  If the team is terrible you have to overpay to keep your own players… or just lose them.

There is a strange idea here that you can just be patient and keeping letting things play out year after year with some magic point where things are suddenly better.  Just letting another year go by to let some bad contracts roll off has a long term cost to it.

We had good vibes around the league last season after the bubble, and we badly needed to capitalize on that by building on the success and not saying we needed to be bad again for two years before we were going to be competitive.

Guys like Tanev, Stecher, and Toffoli leaving with a bad taste in their mouths and Edler’s agent saying he is going to market should be paid attention to as a canary in the coal mine for how the players might be losing faith in team management.  There are the other small hints like some of the prospects wanting to leave because of no communication, Tryamkin being stalled last season and his negotiations bungled this year.  The Linden/Brackett firings, the coaching staff contract stuff not happening until the last minute… It all adds up to some pretty evident problems that have been noticed around the league.  

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 3