Jared McCann (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Kole Lind (Vancouver Canucks)
Mason Appleton (Winnipeg Jets)

Defencemen

Haydn Fleury (Anaheim Ducks)
Jeremy Lauzon (Boston Bruins)
William Borgen (Buffalo Sabres)
Mark Giordano (Calgary Flames)
Gavin Bayreuther (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Adam Larsson (Edmonton Oilers)
Jamie Oleksiak (Dallas Stars)

Dennis Cholowski (Detroit Red Wings)
Kurtis MacDermid (Los Angeles Kings)
Carson Soucy (Minnesota Wild)
Cale Fleury (Montreal Canadiens)
Vince Dunn (St. Louis Blues)

Goaltenders

Chris Driedger (Florida Panthers)
Joey Daccord (Ottawa Senators)
Vitek Vanecek (Washington Capitals)

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone else think they’re gonna try to be bad the first few seasons?

Good drafts to do it if you wanna start building through the draft.

Seattle is a strong enough market, unlike Vegas, where they could be bad and fans would support them if they saw their plan.

Whether planned or not, the Krackheads are going to be basement dwellers.  

Seattle can be proud:  crap on their streets, and on the ice.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Seattle is a strong enough market, unlike Vegas, where they could be bad and fans would support them if they saw their plan.

100% - with the way they approached the entry draft it seems kinda silly to go out and chew up your cap space in Free Agency.  

I can see them trying to make some trades and sign UFA “deals” a la Larsson but they really seem to have their eyes on collecting a few more high draft picks and competing a few years down the road.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Introducing the Seattle Kraken...

Forwards

Tyler Pitlick (Arizona Coyotes)
Morgan Geekie (Carolina Hurricanes)
John Quenneville (Chicago Blackhawks)
Joonas Donskoi (Colorado Avalanche
Calle Jarnkrok (Nashville Predators)
Nathan Bastian (New Jersey Devils)
Jordan Eberle (New York Islanders)
Colin Blackwell (New York Rangers)
Carsen Twarynski (Philadelphia Flyers)
Brandon Tanev (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Alexander True (San Jose Sharks)
Yanni Gourde (Tampa Bay Lightning)
Jared McCann (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Kole Lind (Vancouver Canucks)
Mason Appleton (Winnipeg Jets)

Defencemen

Haydn Fleury (Anaheim Ducks)
Jeremy Lauzon (Boston Bruins)
William Borgen (Buffalo Sabres)
Mark Giordano (Calgary Flames)
Gavin Bayreuther (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Adam Larsson (Edmonton Oilers)
Jamie Oleksiak (Dallas Stars)

Dennis Cholowski (Detroit Red Wings)
Kurtis MacDermid (Los Angeles Kings)
Carson Soucy (Minnesota Wild)
Cale Fleury (Montreal Canadiens)
Vince Dunn (St. Louis Blues)

Goaltenders

Chris Driedger (Florida Panthers)
Joey Daccord (Ottawa Senators)
Vitek Vanecek (Washington Capitals)

That's a horrible lineup. I can't believe Francis chose a mixture of decent to poor players. Seattle could've iced a competitive playoff-bound team, with the help of a little free agency to help him.

BIG blunder for Seattle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Whether planned or not, the Krackheads are going to be basement dwellers.  

Well there’s still trades an free agency.

That will determine what their strategy is. If they do short term vet contracts it will be pretty obvious.

If they go hard after Hamilton, Eichel, Landeskog etc. Then they’re clearly taking the Vegas approach.

While I'm not expecting many side deals, I'll reserve judgment about Seattle until after the first day or two of FA.  Tonight could yield a bit more info and starting tomorrow, we could start seeing a lot more movement heading into and at the draft.

The reported picks so far are largely underwhelming but there are some solid young players that they have picked up (e.g. Appleton, to some extent Geekie) and really, at the end of the day, they have to put together a max. 23-player roster like every other team.  If they make some smart deals with their cap space and/or sign some big ticket UFAs, then those players could compliment a deep pool of players of varying quality yes.  They'll look a lot better if smart trade acquisitions or FAs push down the line-up the players they obtained through expansion and unlike pretty much every other NHL team, they actually have the cap space to do it.

Of course, if the present reported picks end up being the actual game day roster that Seattle ices, then I would think that there has to be some disappointment about their selections and serious questions about how competitive they will be.  If they were banking on signing some UFAs who ultimately decide to sign elsewhere, then July 28 could be a very rough day for Seattle.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

100% - with the way they approached the entry draft it seems kinda silly to go out and chew up your cap space in Free Agency.  

I can see them trying to make some trades and sign UFA “deals” a la Larsson but they really seem to have their eyes on collecting a few more high draft picks and competing a few years down the road.  

It doesn't hurt them at all to try and ice a competitive team. They don't even have to spend draft picks; they could've leveraged them with teams that were desperate to protect their own.

No matter how you spin this, Ron Francis missed this opportunity. WOW.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Watch, tonight they are going to announce a roster and very few of the guys that media are saying are being taken, are going to be the actual picks lol

I'd be leaking misinformation, just for the fun of it, screw with the reporters :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It doesn't hurt them at all to try and ice a competitive team. They don't even have to spend draft picks; they could've leveraged them with teams that were desperate to protect their own.

Right now, everything that's been reported, is based on "Leaked" media speculation. I'm interested to see if they are actually right or not.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Watch, tonight they are going to announce a roster and very few of the guys that media are saying are being taken, are going to be the actual picks lol

I'd be leaking misinformation, just for the fun of it, screw with the reporters :)

I'd be super impressed if they did - and i'll take back everything bad I said about Ron Francis' performance.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I think my biggest surprise is that they didn't pull Vegas' strategy and stock up on a certain position (e.g. D) to extract as much value as possible from other teams. 

Maybe the trade market didn't seem great (e.g. return for a guy like Demelo leading to them picking Appleton instead) but given how shallow the D FA pool usually is, it seemed like a pretty good way to acquire more assets.

As I noted above, I think they could still be a better team than what they currently reported look like provided they can make some smart moves by trade or FA, but I can totally understand the underwhelming response the reported picks have received so far.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the only thing that makes sense at this point. However there’s still deals to be posted?

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Those teams still want to dump contracts.

The opportunity is still there and if anything the price is now higher.

Tampa will probably trade Johnson to them with a 1st and Foote.

Philly would probably dump Voracek with a 1st and a prospect.

Theres still many opportunities for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just woke up to this mayhem(heat, humidity..AC all night & feel like Hell!..like a bus ran me over). Thought I was early & could listen to the drama? What gives?..they're leaking info like a gal's clique in HS hallways.

But I did guess(a few daze back) Kole would be stole..not exactly a Hole in our Soul, as Steven Tyler once howled.

Appears Covid-shutdown(all things economic) adjusted this Krackhead strategy. They likely wanna trawl the depths for a few yrs, in search of drafting big fish. May's well stick near cap floor & pickpocket desperate team's picks?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they don't tinker much with that roster I don't think they are playoff team at all.  They may be getting some top draft picks over the next couple of years.  I guess Francis was thinking that this is an expansion team so why not start at the bottom.  Vegas took the opposite approach but they are now hamstrung with large contracts and very little in the pipeline with all the trades they made.  Seattle may be competitive in 3-4 years while Vegas may have to do a full rebuild after only being in the league a few years.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It could also be a long term bargaining strategy by Francis… he set the price for taking on bad contracts super high and nobody bit… so he called their bluff and avoided big contracts.  

Now, heading into the draft, free agency and a future trade deadline teams know the bar for his sweet sweet cap space.  I dunno - just trying to figure out what they’re thinking.