The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

For real

I suspect GM's weren't as willing to play ball this time round 

If not, Francis could have picked a better roster right out of the expansion draft.  Really not sure what to make of this...

Just now, Devron44 said:

I’m actually shocked. The picked John Quenneville man. Joey Daccord. That Columbus dude. wth!

I figured GMs would be harder this time, but I did expect a boatload of 2nd and 3rd round picks going Seattle's way.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

For real

I suspect GM's weren't as willing to play ball this time round 

Word on the grape vine was Seattle was extra greedy in their asking price. Seems like they really wanted as much cap space as possible. They must be going hard in free agency cause the team they drafted largely sucks.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I figured GMs would be harder this time, but I did expect a boatload of 2nd and 3rd round picks going Seattle's way.

Think Francis asked for too much and the other GMs just said ‘screw you’ ??

• Upvote 1

Just now, 2009cupchamps said:

Seattle has a better defence than the Canucks already. Forwards are lacking but I suspect trades and UFA signings will improve that. 

I mean, considering we've got three D signed through next season as of today, that shouldn't be a surprise

We've got all offseason too, plus firepower up front and a stud in net 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Didn’t they just get out of a situation where you couldn’t go anywhere near 6 blocks downtown because of police protests?

I live 15 minutes from Seattle and I can indeed confirm it is not the best city in the Pacific Northwest. Unless you like watching fights break out in the streets, walking by homeless tents every block, finding used drug paraphernalia in random places, are afraid to walk alone at night, and worry on a daily basis that your car will get broken into. If that’s your thing, then maybe they are right. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1