The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

Think Francis asked for too much and the other GMs just said ‘screw you’ ??

Not over yet, Seattle probably will be the busiest team over the next week. If no big side deals come of this then Fire Francis might be chanted very early on in the season if they don't improve that F group!

Just now, wildwood12 said:

Seattle will have Matt Beniers in a couple days.

It would seem likely with the F group picked today. But Buffalo might surprise everyone and skip over Power. I think they just might. 

3 minutes ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Seattle has a better defence than the Canucks already. Forwards are lacking but I suspect trades and UFA signings will improve that. 

Maybe in a street fight.  Not much scoring. Not much scoring from anywhere.  

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If not, Francis could have picked a better roster right out of the expansion draft.  Really not sure what to make of this...

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled myself, but I'll take it!

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Word on the grape vine was Seattle was extra greedy in their asking price. Seems like they really wanted as much cap space as possible. They must be going hard in free agency cause the team they drafted largely sucks.

Cool, they can compete with the rest of the NHL in free agency. Anyone who really wants to see what the open market has to offer won't sign with Seattle prior to everyone being able to make offers anyway. 

Lets hope Jim says they will be using our picks. 

The teams left a hole bunch of their high paid players unprotected. They were hopping to clear cap space.  Cap space is so important now. 

Edited by appleboy

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I figured GMs would be harder this time, but I did expect a boatload of 2nd and 3rd round picks going Seattle's way.

GM's weren't dumb this time. It's not like they missed out on some great talents or anything though. Johansen and Tarasenko wouldn't necessarily help that much and you would have to think they'll be in on some UFA's.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled myself, but I'll take it!

Cool, they can compete with the rest of the NHL in free agency. Anyone who really wants to see what the open market has to offer won't sign with Seattle prior to everyone being able to make offers anyway. 

and just maybe, UFA's might no longer want to even go to Seattle.  As they might want to play for a contender.  Now seeing Seattle as worse than they expected.  

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hoping to see some teams massively overpay to dump contracts to Seattle or other teams looking to improve their roster...Hello Canuck GM, are you awake and are you looking to improve our D or are you still hung up on looking for more F's??

• RoughGame 1