The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, viking mama said:

MC - dude says Vancouver Canucks  fans may jump ship and become Kraken fans because we are so “frustrated” with our own team.

Hell no!!!

We’ve been in it for 50+ years, and are not giving up on anything, now! 

They underestimate how long we've been suffering ! 

Lol

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Lets hope Jim says they will be using our picks. 

The teams left a hole bunch of their high paid players unprotected. They were hopping to clear cap space.  Cap space is so important now. 

Perfect, We wait it out this year and WE become the team with boat loads of cap space and can get assets

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

GM's weren't dumb this time. It's not like they missed out on some great talents or anything though. Johansen and Tarasenko wouldn't necessarily help that much and you would have to think they'll be in on some UFA's.

It ain't over it is just starting...

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

and just maybe, UFA's might no longer want to even go to Seattle.  As they might want to play for a contender.  Now seeing Seattle as worse than they expected.  

The novelty of joining something new might appeal to some, having cap space to outbid teams might too. But yeah, there are plenty of question marks surrounding this team right now, they won't be a juggernaut starting out that's for sure. 

Edited by Coconuts

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah that’s what some people don’t get. You still have to move the puck. Who’s good at that, Dunn? 

Depending on how much gas he has left, Giordano is still a really solid puck mover. Solid 1-2 punch on the left side D wiht him and Dunn. But I dunno. Giordano's no spring chicken. And Dunn is still pretty unproven.

Having stripped the rest of the league of their old-timers, higher-priced players, grinders &  fringier young talent…no way should Seattle be drafting in the top 3.

Kraken should be drafting - last.

No more early leg-ups for expansion newbies - good grief! 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Well for starters their jerseys are a lot better looking than ours. Even better with the players wearing them.

The away ones look pretty amazing. 

Their logo is awful. Colours look nice, but yeah. That logo is arguably the worst in the league.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Depending on how much gas he has left, Giordano is still a really solid puck mover. Solid 1-2 punch on the left side D wiht him and Dunn. But I dunno. Giordano's no spring chicken. And Dunn is still pretty unproven.

Yeah I get what they are trying to do there but wouldn’t you have at least selected a guy like Bean? 

I think some Fans are a little jealous cause we need a couple guys like a Larson or Oleksiak. But there’s no balance there it seems to me. Should be able to hem them in I would think 

6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Having stripped the rest of the league of their old-timers, higher-priced players, grinders &  fringier young talent…no way should Seattle be drafting in the top 3.

Kraken should be drafting - last.

No more early leg-ups for expansion newbies - good grief! 

Nah, let em draft first overall. I wanna see which 2nd round pick moves up thanks to them. They seem to like middling talent players. They may even draft a 20 year old overager.

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I get what they are trying to do there but wouldn’t you have at least selected a guy like Bean? 

I think some Fans are a little jealous cause we need a couple guys like a Larson or Oleksiak. But there’s no balance there it seems to me. Should be able to hem them in I would think 

I personally would have taken Ghost outta Philly. He has history with Hakstol, has proven to be a good puck moving option and is not a fossil.